your dealt 10diamonds, 6 diamonds

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
flop come king diamonds, jack of diamonds and jack of spades. you and 2 others see the flop. i bet the pot, 2nd player folds, 3rd player pushes all in.
where do i go from there?

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is absurd without more info. Is the game limit or no limit? What does yours and your opponents chip stack look like? You are definitely behind right now, you might be drawing dead, and even if you're not drawing dead, you are an underdog to make anything by the river. What are you thinking???? Throw it away unless you are already pot committed. But how do I know if you're pot committed without the answers to the questions above?

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is absurd without more info. Is the game limit or no limit? What does yours and your opponents chip stack look like? You are definitely behind right now, you might be drawing dead, and even if you're not drawing dead, you are an underdog to make anything by the river. What are you thinking???? Throw it away unless you are already pot committed. But how do I know if you're pot committed without the answers to the questions above?

What is absurd is the way you are talking to one of your community members. There is no need to call anyone's question absurd ever. Simply request more info from them so you can help them to the best of your ability.

To the poster please ignore his frustration. Probably had a bad beat today or something. Could you please give us more info like the position of you and your villain, stack sizes and how big the pot was when you pot bet? What stakes?

It seems to me the villain is trying to represent the nuts right? Is he the kind of player that has proven to be tight? Does he almost always seem to "have it"? With that weak of a flush draw and no other possible outs it seems I am inclined to fold.

And pay no mind to people who throw around the term "pot committed" there is simply no such thing and that kind of thinking will cause you to bleed unnecessary chips. What you need to be thinking about is Pot odds in relation to your equity to win the hand.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold. I would have never bet it in the first place. You can't make a straight flush. You far from a nut flush and you could be drawing dead to a boat or 4 of a kind. Wait for a better hand.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
flop come king diamonds, jack of diamonds and jack of spades. you and 2 others see the flop. i bet the pot, 2nd player folds, 3rd player pushes all in.

where do i go from there?

Question cannot be reasonably answered without more information. 10/6 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooted is generally a nice hand to fold though.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold preflop so ........:D:D

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to fold here. You have to assume at a minimum he has a jack which makes it not worth the risk

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well some factors that were not mentioned that would influence my dercision but based on what you posted i fold because all in on a draw i try never to do and with the two jacks out there he could be sitting on a full house.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a fold. Either villain holds a K or a J or A-high flush draw at worse. I like QTd for him. Or he has total air.....but any of the above and you are pretty far behind.

Good luck !

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
way you bet pot if you dont wont go all in ...you should chek, call flop...not bet then when you rereise you dont know what to do...always bet with plan not just becase you think maybe they fold

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And you bet the pot because you have...
Well, if you have something like K2 it's still dangerous, if you don't have anything, you should fold.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unashamed88 made the comment that there is no such thing as being "pot committed" and to pay no mind to people that throw around such terms. Oh really???? Let's say I have put $100 into a 3 way pot of over $400 and I have $1 left in my stack and there is a bet on the river. I guess Unashamed88 would consider folding because there is no such thing a being "pot committed". Hmmm.