Winning Strategy

C

Cavanaughking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people usually bust out because they end up having something come up and they
no longer can continue playing because their concentration is now on something totally

different?:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

That happens about ten percent of the time. You can't win all the tournies and those that prey on your chips need there little win too. You figure you place a third. With good play add another 10-20 percent. Then the other percent you just hang on for something to do bowing out just before your in the money.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me quite often. I think best way is to only start tournaments when you know that you will be able to go deep and capitalize on the time you spent focusing on the play. Nothing more frustrating then spending 3 hours to get to middle stage and then bust out because you have friends over or other duties.you Likely could have never made it truly far in such a setting. And as tourneys is any way high variance, you should probably avoid adding to that variance due to poor tourney selection/ time planning.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many people usually bust out because they end up having something come up and they no longer can continue playing because their concentration is now on something totally different?
hi hi cavanaugh :ciao:
this very pertinent, thanks for presenting this factor
i play mtt and this happen me often *sighs*
with rebuys, addons etc, it difficult to know how long a tounie goes, some are excessive long
after some time playing things come up
phone calls from friends
offers for date or go bar with friends
sometimes emergency, someone needs help or even someone unexpected arrive for visit
what to do when playing cards?
is usually rush... rush... rush... take chances - bust out

lately i been just sit-out...
in a $2 mtt i was deep when needed go on date... i just sit-out and end up make monies!! i come 4th!!!
so the answer is sit-out

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this happens only when I am home ... at the card room it's game on period ... at home I'm still Grampa lol and my attention may be required for any of a lot of reasons .... usually it's fine and only sometimes has it caused me to leave the table or even not be able to concentrate when it does happen ... and if I had that worry at home about will I be able to run deep, and if I can't ... don't play ...hahaha ... I'd never be able to play, the same thing could be said about a poker site going down 3 hours in which happens rather frequently ... but I still will try and still even play because I enjoy it very much, even if something isn't perfect .....

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe early on when I started multitabling my attention would waver and I didn't know how to analyze (i.e. didn't know analyzing meant I was supposed to construct a range and understand board texure, I was a pure feel player beforehand).

But as your analysis improves and you put in volume, your focus becomes that much better.

Just improve and keep playing and over time you'll be able to focus more easily