Win High Lose Low

P

PaulPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main rule for me when staying active in regular hands to connect the turn and the river is simply win high or lose low. Alternatively I'm folding.

This strategy allows me to see cards for cheap to try and flop am out and in turn potentially trap a player with a lesser hand.

Really important to be mindful of pot management when making decisions of call or fold so you dont pay to high a price from s soft position.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stakes. At my micro level when people bet turn or river they 90% of times mean business so I don't bother to call with average hand. But yeah I like your concept, also I'd recommend to go with your gut. So many times I made stupid frustration calls saying to myself "he has flush" yet still I call and the guy turns over flush...

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the stakes. At my micro level when people bet turn or river they 90% of times mean business so I don't bother to call with average hand. But yeah I like your concept, also I'd recommend to go with your gut. So many times I made stupid frustration calls saying to myself "he has flush" yet still I call and the guy turns over flush...

Depends. I have found at BOL's 10NL (bottom tier) there are a lot of really overly aggro people betting at any hint of weakness. They think they are the Tom Dwan of micro stakes. One dude three barrelled with mid pair T and Q kicker. I am forced to open up my calling range. It's not a comfortable feeling but you just gotta do it if villain is one of those guys or you're gonna be exploited endlessly.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. I have found at BOL's 10NL (bottom tier) there are a lot of really overly aggro people betting at any hint of weakness. They think they are the Tom Dwan of micro stakes. One dude three barrelled with mid pair T and Q kicker. I am forced to open up my calling range. It's not a comfortable feeling but you just gotta do it if villain is one of those guys or you're gonna be exploited endlessly.
Yes sometimes there are such players even at microstakes but they don't last long here, calling stations make a quick work of them :D

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This line is called under control! It's not bad when you have medium-strength hands! But I like to play more aggressively with monsters!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
nice strategy
i will aply it in my futur games
thanks