Will you play 22 the same way

B

budess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

This is a hand I played in a live cash game $2/3
I have 22 in SB(stack $785), all fold to BTN,he raise $25 (stack $650), I call, BB 3bet to $85(stack $700), both called.

FLOP 2 5 6

All checked

TURN 2 5 6 A POT$255

I check, BB bet $150,BTN call, I tank and jam $700. They all fold.

My thoughts is :
double suited board ,there won’t be too many good river for me (ppl like to see a flop here with suited broadways as we have jackpot if you flop royal flush), just would like to end it here as I am pretty sure I have the best hand here.

Would you guys play differently here? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've raised on flop. Why give opponents a free card to draw out a flush or straight. Make em pay...

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a hand I played in a live cash game $2/3
I have 22 in SB(stack $785), all fold to BTN,he raise $25 (stack $650), I call, BB 3bet to $85(stack $700), both called.

FLOP 2 5 6

All checked

TURN 2 5 6 A POT$255

I check, BB bet $150,BTN call, I tank and jam $700. They all fold.

My thoughts is :
double suited board ,there won’t be too many good river for me (ppl like to see a flop here with suited broadways as we have jackpot if you flop royal flush), just would like to end it here as I am pretty sure I have the best hand here.

Would you guys play differently here? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

i think you played it perfect
i would do the same thing
a call is a flush draw or aces ?
good job
nice pot

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think jam is okay.
All overpairs and flush draws should bet that flop - when it checks through looks like everyone is on a marginal hand.
I don't think you could of gotten much more value than how you played it.

You don't really want an A to fold here that's the only thing, so when you jam your only forcing a premium hand to call.

But then again there are a lot of bad river cards that can hurt us.

I think in conclusion the jam is good here.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow guy opens 25 bucks in a 2/3 game in positon? I'd probably fold pre flop and wait for a better spot against this guy. As played i also shove turn.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm betting that flop, Can't let people see free cards

B

budess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow guy opens 25 bucks in a 2/3 game in positon? I'd probably fold pre flop and wait for a better spot against this guy. As played i also shove turn.

Yes, the standard open here is $20, as the max buyin is $500 so it plays like a 2/5 game sometimes.

the BTN guy who opens $25 played a pot headsup with me before. I open UTG $15, he 3bet to $60 in BB, Icalled. Board runs 99T86, we both check flop. He leading half pot bet on turn and river , I called with KK against his JJ.

Last edited:
B

budess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Further thoughts about the hand.

After they fold , both players told me they have the same hand AKo.

I know I should not be results oriented, but I think I missed some value here.

In the future I would do this:

• donk bet small about 1/3 size on the flop. Keeps the draws interested, also over pair/ high cards.
  • On the turn I will check- min raise ,keep AK/AQ in the hand, as well as flush draws.
From the preflop action, BB has the strongest range QQ, KK,AA,AK,AQ. BTN could have a wider range like 88-QQ,AJ-AK.

On the flop, no one bet I almost certain there is no big over pairs/sets. Also less likely someone has a A or K high flush draw as they would bet this flop. So the BB range narrowed to AK,AQ most times. BTN also narrowed to AJ-AK.

On the turn, SB lead for 2/3 pot so he also certainly has AK/AQ, BTN doesn’t take long to call so he could also has AJ-AK. My hand here potentially against two opponent drawing dead. Only hand I worried is AcKc/AcQc, or once in a blue moon KsQs/QsJs

Over all against all those hand I would have 80%+ equity, will be check raise the turn a bit smaller to make them pay. (also make them committed to the pot so they are forced to call a value river Jam ) Will probably check-call if flush completes, open Jam if blank comes.

Last edited: