Why did he ever call the raise river?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a check flop and give up on later streets unless you hit a 7.

Generally your value range you should play by bet bet bet. By betting so small on flop, checking turn, raising a river you don't represent much or better to say: you don't represent anything. Only the sets played bad and maybe from time to time A7s. So raising the river as a bluff is a pretty bad idea.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How it looks like to me is that he probably had a suited hand and that turn actually made him two pairs, that's only thing i can come up with as an explanation for his pot bet and more important call on the river.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to speculate but the range of the villain had to be Ax, I do not think he had two pairs just overpair and after your check on the turn he thought you wanted to have the pot with a medium or low pair, if I have to guess I would say that villain has A10 he considered that his A was winning and he was not so wrong your Cbet was low and the turn that was not good for anyone was check, why not think that with an A and a good kicker could you win this hand? I don't think it's a bad move on the part of the villain if, in fact, this is what he had, I repeat it is very difficult to speculate

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that he got your first bets with your bets, although you played correctly. The river helped you a lot. most likely he has two pairs, I think. With draw combinations, he would not close the river bet.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This won't sound helpful, but at 2nl, people will call with anything. They hate to fold. Don't run any large bluffs, and value bet your strong hands relentlessly.

Hard to comment on what the villain had, but hopefully for his sake he had two pair at least. 2nl is so value heavy when raising any streets, but especially the turn and river. These seldom contain bluffs.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a check flop and give up on later streets unless you hit a 7.

Generally your value range you should play by bet bet bet. By betting so small on flop, checking turn, raising a river you don't represent much or better to say: you don't represent anything. Only the sets played bad and maybe from time to time A7s. So raising the river as a bluff is a pretty bad idea.
Thanks for the analisis misaki,very interesting.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could be almost anything, since we don't know anything about him. He could have had doubles, que could have a set of 4s (making a wrong call on the flop). He could have K4 or A4, KQ. There are some players that can't fold TPTK, so he could have AJ.

My guess is A4, but I don't base on anything

D

Dj_demain_matin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He is not a villain, you got lucky on the river , that's all. He must had 2 pairs .

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think it is rather difficult to answer this question without information about this opponent. More information is needed on what style of play this villain has. He could have had an average pair, which he did not want to fold on the flop and decided to get to the river using pot-control.