Where does my bankroll start?

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let’s say for instance I have 500$ for my bankroll. Where do I start? I always find myself buying in on to large of tables to create a bankroll. I either make money real quick or lose real quick. And when I win I always find myself moving up stakes chasing the big win. For 500$, where should I be playing? I’m not big into tournaments only cash.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:hello:
Despite the fact that I am a beginner, this was explained to me.The first is to decide on the discipline-cash or MTT games(and not go beyond).From the discipline and construction of bankroll management-start small and gradually increase the ABI or Nl. For $ 500, Mtt-abi 3 (120-160 bb ) or Nl-10 (if the skill allows).

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is probably the most important skill a poker player can have. Even the best player in the world does not have a good chance of building a larger bankroll long term if they start with 5 buyins or something.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the $500 your entire bankroll or what you're willing to risk in total? If you have a steady job and don't mind dipping into paychecks then live NL 1-3 is fine.

But if thats all you have or want to risk on poker, you're probably going to have to stick to online low stakes. 100 BB is the usual conservative estimate of what is needed for cash games, so that puts you at NL5 or NL10.

Good luck!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
There is a very simple system. Your bankroll is 100%. So, I recommend you do not spend more than 5% per day. You can play any game, but stick to your limit and never spend more than 5% a day. This is an effective system, and if you are a patient and disciplined enough player then in the long run you will be able to make money.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
There is a very simple system. Your bankroll is 100%. So, I recommend you do not spend more than 5% per day. You can play any game, but stick to your limit and never spend more than 5% a day. This is an effective system, and if you are a patient and disciplined enough player then in the long run you will be able to make money.

That’s the best advise I’ve gotten so far, and it makes total sense.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi YYfourU. Not too long ago I had a good BR and I used BRM to determine what I would play and I mostly played at 10nl, And if I did play MTTs, $5.50 was my highest buyin. But to treat myself after two FT wins, I played one $11 buyin. I never moved up, even though I was asking for advice to do so. In my opinion, moving up with just $500, is a big mistake. Play low stakes, and have some fun.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know your weaknesses, then what is the problem in choosing tables. Play where you win.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management