When are you ready to gamble on the flop?

N

Nigginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I often have the situation, that i have a strong draw on the flop and after some (re-)raising I go all in, because I have a pretty good image of the range of my opponent and assume I have an advantage or it's at worst a coin flip.

I play low stakes and in many situations I am pretty sure that people won't fold to my all in, but I'm still shoving.
But lately I'm thinking that this strategy could be a big leak in my game. Pots are mostly pretty big and eventhough I have the percentual advantage I obviously lose nearly half of them.

So what are your indicators to go all in on the flop? Only when you have some fold equity? When you think you have a really big equity Advantage?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to answer. I only play in tournaments, and I'm used to taking risks only when I'm confident in my chances of winning. I never play with junk. It may be a pretty conservative strategy, but it at least gives me a good result. I think you should try our free course. It will help you find answers to your questions. Good luck.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments, it depends more on how many people are in the hand. The more there are the more chances of it going bad. You can bluff one or 2 away, but not a whole table that went in pre-flop. You need to have at least a little something. You also need to read how conservative they are and their chip stack. It is also dependent where you are in position. If people have already checked, you may have a better chance of driving them away. Or they may be trying to trap.

The earlier in the freeroll the more people that will just shove to call. If they invested time to get near the bubble they may be more cautious.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the opositive fold. Why are u risking all ur chips with a draw when u r not the viillian. Fold fold fold, wait get good cards and now you are the villian. Always be up. Last free class. Pepo

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in with less than 15 outs is a Coinflip. Dont draw to flush when is a par. Dont draw to a straight if the flop isnt rainbow. Draw to have value not to loose many chips. Or the tournament. Be smart dont play against me. Pepo

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
So what are your indicators to go all in on the flop? Only when you have some fold equity? When you think you have a really big equity Advantage?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

There are no clear indicators. Usually it depends on various things.
Like whenever i see someone in my table who i want gone ASAP then it is quite obvious what to do (this usually works well in cardchat games aswell lol) ...

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Draws are often very good bluff combo's on the flop and to a lesser extent the turn. Playing them aggressively is more often than not the way to go because check/calling draws tends to be slightly -EV against most players (unless very deep against an aggressive opponent for example).

Never bluffing with big draws is for sure a huge leak, but because you're the equity underdog against any paired hand most of the time, over-bluffing against calling stations can be a leak as well. So in general, playing draws aggressively as your default strategy, but slowing down when facing particularly weak players should be perfectly fine.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do that when I have:
Straight-flush draw
A pair and a flush draw
A pair and a straight draw
Anything with 10 - 12+ out

But sometimes it can get you in trouble if opponent has same draw with bigger over cards.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You have a good theory of how to act but you run the risk of being predictable, the good thing is to alternate the raises always taking care of your rank since only people with a good rank and hands of strong projects will pay your bet in tournament referees, something that sometimes not It happens in the free ones since several go with any hand and I tell you with experience since I lost a very strong hand against a scartable hand like 7s2d

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling