When people limp ace-face??

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lost 40bb.

Villain in EP limps and so do I with A-10 suited. Board comes ace, king, 7 rainbow.

Villain checks to me so I raise 3/4 pot, assuming I have TPTK since all other kickers would surely raise. Villain calls and turn comes 8.

Villain shoves so I just call. He was short stacked which is why I didn't think he cared about kickers/representing a weak hand.

What could I have done differently?

Not too annoyed about since overall session turned over a small profit. :)

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's important to raise early limpers to see where you are at in the hand, because limping big hands in early position is a common thing because there are more people to act still and more likely to get a raise.
But when they reraise you they have it, but if they just call you, an ace is probably good there.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry OP limping the big AK is a long run failure of a move as catching any pair put your AK in the 3 to 1 garbage pile not including Ace two pair danger. Big slick is always a raise by basic rational.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you identify a player as limper just bet agresive befor flop and after only 2/10 times he will call after flop bet

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should give us more information about the game.
What are the blinds?And the stacks?

You shouldn't assume that you have TPTK because AQ,AJ are definitely in his range.
Netherless you should give us more information for the suits of the board so we can analyze his range.
But I believe you was ahead of his range on the flop.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should give us more information about the game.
What are the blinds?And the stacks?

You shouldn't assume that you have TPTK because AQ,AJ are definitely in his range.
Netherless you should give us more information for the suits of the board so we can analyze his range.
But I believe you was ahead of his range on the flop.

cash game so blinds were 2/5c

his stack was $2.50 and mine was around $5

cant remember the suits sorry :/

the flop was rainbow so does it matter that much?