When is it advisable to withdraw from a session?

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At what point do you decide that it is best to retire and why?

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When in a bad mood, when several times I was stronger on allina but lost. After that I have a tilt. I also don't play when I don't want to go to poker and I spend my free time with alternative hobbies

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I calculate in advance how much I will play. 10-20 sit & go or 1-2 tournaments. And that's all for today

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing when to end a poker session is worth a lot. For best results, it is best to limit the length of your sessions in advance - both online and offline. Planning ahead of time and setting goals for playing a certain number of hours or hands can help.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start losing hands, not hitting the flop.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you start losing hands, not hitting the flop.

I think this is really bad advice. You're never going to hit every flop ever that's just a fact but that doesn't mean you walk away, you'll just constantly be losing money if that's the case.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When winning learn to ride the wave and when loosing learn to fight another day.
Each players personality is different and you have to learn to find your own path and what works for you.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I sat a hand limit before I sign up. I know that my attention/focus wanders after so many hands without a break. Also, if I make mental errors due to poor focus, I sit out and get my head straight.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When nothing adds up and you lose money...

B

B720536

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When in a bad mood, when several times I was stronger on allina but lost. After that I have a tilt. I also don't play when I don't want to go to poker and I spend my free time with alternative hobbies

I would quit for the day or two and go back.

B

B720536

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would squirt and go back in a couple of days but when I play I go right back lol can’t quit love the game.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are on a winning streak, keep playing. If you are losing, quit.
I also think you need to be in a good mood to play, because then when you get a bad beat against you (Which happens a lot), you don't go crazy and chase the loss.

I just play freerolls, so even if I get fed up half way through, I can just sit out and get blinded out.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you no longer feel like playing or feel you no longer have an edge its time to quit playing.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is really bad advice. You're never going to hit every flop ever that's just a fact but that doesn't mean you walk away, you'll just constantly be losing money if that's the case.
But you can't win every hand without making a hand, especially at micro cash games. You can take a lot of pots by c betting, especially when you are the open raiser or when you are3 betting but when your c betting, double barrelling stops working and you don't hit flop on top of that and people hit flops hard with shitty hands, then I would leave a session.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play when I feel nervous and impatient. Sometimes in a cash game, when I double my stack, I change the table

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But you can't win every hand without making a hand, especially at micro cash games. You can take a lot of pots by c betting, especially when you are the open raiser or when you are3 betting but when your c betting, double barrelling stops working and you don't hit flop on top of that and people hit flops hard with shitty hands, then I would leave a session.

Yes but you said you should leave the table when you no longer hit flops. You can't rely on just getting monster hole cards all the time because you simply won't but if thats as you say the reason you should leave a session you will never improve as a player because anyone who plays regular hands with you will be able to read you like a book. Try to diversify your game and add new ways to win pots even when you aren't hitting hands. But then you should also never bet just to bet and hope you win a pot. You need to have the right reads to know that player x is likely to fold to a bet here so if I do I have a much higher chance to win. If you are just betting every hand any player that knows what frequency is will chew you up and spit you back out. The cards are only part of the story with a hand, the players, the bet sizes, the lines you take are the majority of what goes into the hand so you can't get so caught up in oh I'm not getting AA so I have so I should quit. You need a better attitude to overcome this mindset so you can eventually play through coolers or downswings without become so distraught that you end up losing much more than you would if you understood some of these more advanced topics.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but you said you should leave the table when you no longer hit flops. You can't rely on just getting monster hole cards all the time because you simply won't but if thats as you say the reason you should leave a session you will never improve as a player because anyone who plays regular hands with you will be able to read you like a book. Try to diversify your game and add new ways to win pots even when you aren't hitting hands. But then you should also never bet just to bet and hope you win a pot. You need to have the right reads to know that player x is likely to fold to a bet here so if I do I have a much higher chance to win. If you are just betting every hand any player that knows what frequency is will chew you up and spit you back out. The cards are only part of the story with a hand, the players, the bet sizes, the lines you take are the majority of what goes into the hand so you can't get so caught up in oh I'm not getting AA so I have so I should quit. You need a better attitude to overcome this mindset so you can eventually play through coolers or downswings without become so distraught that you end up losing much more than you would if you understood some of these more advanced topics.
I'm still gonna stick to what I said. If you stop hitting the flop in micro cash games, just leave because you're gonna be losing money.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I come to find out that personally I dont like playing when my body is tired. So if I get tired it's no longer fun so I'll leave and come back another time. Also if you feel impatient and like you can't control that then it's probably best if you leave.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm tired or things need to get done or taking to many chances then its time to retire,

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a $400 poker upswing just now due to this double win at the same time while playing two tables after a long day in work am feeling tired,:goodnight
Thinking about chasing a 4 digit upswing instead of being content with 3 digit one on this day thinking loose thoughts like,:rofl:
Playing a couple a $109 bounty builders,$100 spins or 100NL simultaneously going total BRM aggressive with the roll on a rollercoaster even though know it is a bad idea as exhausted so decided have a rest exclude myself until tomorrow play a couple of CardsChat freerolls instead or lower stakes elsewhere.:idea:
Quitting a day with these as my last games is good for the mental game but on losing days feeling tired you got to to take a time out too rest and study or drop right down in limits to freerolls if necessary to stop the losing.
32b180e9aafbb5d0ceb61fc2da0e93f5.png

ad8cb723bf6ad00bbf7c1dda8df33fe7.png

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always stop the game if I am tired or feel bad. Sometimes, if I am unlucky, I can take a break for a few days.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little tilt is way to leave but i can't beat it

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took breaks in poker and big it happened that 1 year I did not play, why I did them I realized that I spend a lot and little zarobatyvayu and then the game became very bad.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When you do not stop losing money, that is the moment you have to say ... enough for today