rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Personally I do prefer PLO, I think because I feel more confotable playing it than 5 cards. More often there are more PLO mtt or cash games than 5cards.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
What I like about poker is that you don't just have to be related to one way, you can choose which type of poker you want to play and that brings a lot of variety. For example, I didn't find Badugi a nice game at all before and now I've learned to like it too. But the question of what is better to play, I think that is a personal question that everyone can answer differently for you. I personally like Omaha and I like 5card draw and, depending on my mood, I like one or the other more.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And prefer PLO! I dont like 5 cards. I always prefer PLO 😀

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer PLO. In my opinion it's more complex and there is more often some action. But 5 card draw is fun too from time to time.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how in these two the cash game fields are, but for me 5-card draw is pretty much based on luck, maybe some reads about your opponents - while Omaha is more complex. There your skills and your education-practice about the game can overcome the field.
So in my eyes, next to the NLH the games are based on skills are PLO (hi/lo) and Stud (hi/lo) other ones are involving gambling of course their level is not the same. And if you overthink, when you are in a game where you can't see any cards faced up, only the draw actions, its not so familiar tactically when you have some helping hands about the opponents connection about the parties. That's my view. :)

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is just an opinion. NLH is easy and for everyone and a high percentage of players are quite profficient at it, but it's also for gamblers, at least in microstakes. PLO requires slightly more skill as it is a more complicated game with many more variables and possibilities, so it is more difficult, but there are still a few players who can play it skillfully, so there is still decent competition even though far less than in hold'em. PLO5 however is a newer game that requires a lot more study, a lot more skill in hand picking and a lot more gambling balls, higher variance, but the field of players is below average.

NLH you can multi-table, PLO is more difficult to multi-table. PLO5 is pure insanity to multi-table, I can do 3 tables at most without going mad within one hour.

I prefer PLO5 because I feel like I have more of an edge and have been trying to focus most of my time on studying and practicing it, particularly because of the headless gamblers involved in it. It can be boring, it's mostly folding which can be frustrating, but it's a great opportunity. I still need to put a lot more effort into it before I can say I'm good at it. Other poker games are rarely offered or played, other than pokerstars and swcpoker, so it's pretty pointless to consider them for online, as you rarely end up playing them and therefore a waste of time jobwise.

Try, pick, focus and get good at what you like. At least, there are options.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
5 card Omaha or draw? I guess it doesn't matter because they both suck in my opinion..However, PLO is fun but PLO8 is way mo better..budagi is ok.. my favorite aside from holdem is 2-7 LB NL single draw...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know what kind of game do you prefer to play cash games.

I think you are comparing 4-hole cards to 5-hole cards.

I prefer 5-Card PL to 4-Card PL Omaha.

My reason is that all the mistakes players make in PLO get amplified in 5-card.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The two games I started playing poker are 5 cards draw NL and Omaha NL, then I continued with the famous Holdem.
I made my bankroll with the first 2, especially I consider that I play 5 cards draw very well.
It is more in cash games with this variant is the only one that wins money in cash tables.
Greetings Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

M

Moncie Lee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My favorite game is Omaha 8 but they never offer it even in the wsop circuit events. I don’t think the dealers like it very much. A lot of newbie’s starting to check out PLO so it’s a pretty soft game for those that have been around the block.
I don’t play online anymore, so the 5 card game doesn’t exist for me, but I imagine that it would be profitable. The illusion is you can find a lot of good hands, but like PLO pursuing nut hands is vital.
Both of these games are often confusing to players which gives a big edge to experienced players that will make far fewer mistakes.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you say 5 card PLO or 5 card draw. I prefer PLO and of PLO games my favorite is PLO 5-card. I like because there's always action.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
OLP is my favorite game to play for cash.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
6 cards was my favorite plo variance used to play on fulltilt.