What is your BR???

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i was giving an average figure. I mean I'll make that amount one day at one table then maybe half of it the next and perhaps more the day after.

And then i might lose 100 at the next table.

The thing with poker is nothing is absolute because for all i know i might never win a pot again.

But my main reason for wanting to move up limits is the quality of play.
I get better games at higher limits but of course the risk is also higher.

OK let me put it this way. I don't believe you are AVERAGING $400 every few hours. You may win this on a good day but I doubt you sustain that rate, especially at $1/$2 limit. Unless you are keeping records and can confirm that including downswings you average $400 every few hours, I think you're lying to yourself.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or, put another way, "Liar, liar, your pants are on fire!"

lol, well I'm not saying he's intentionally lying, he probaly believes that he is indeed averaging that. But unless he has the cash or the records to back that up he shouldn't believe himself, that's all I'm trying to say. If you make $1k one day and then lose $500 the next 3 days in a row, you can hardly say that you make $1k a day. I obviously have no idea what this individual has done and it's totally possible that he's simply multi-tabling and beating it at a rate that really does net him that kind of win-rate. I'm just saying I highly doubt that, because then he would be making enough to literally quit his job, play about 20 hours a week and still be making 6 figures. Anyone who's doing that wouldn't go up levels just for the competition, unless it was just spare time with spending money (the same money people with other jobs use to gamble when they know they'll probably lose it.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The best players in poker are brutally realistic"

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The best players in poker are brutally realistic"

I am sure this has made it to the quote of the day thread?

I've heard this quote so many times, but however many times I hear it, it will always be true.

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i have over $2.5 million pokerstars. full tilt $4 million at full tilt. bodog $3 million. golden tiger $1 million i like poker it fun sport

that how much i make each day
$15,000 at pokerstars
$20,000 at full tilt
$10,000 at bodog
$7,000 at golden tiger
yes i like building bankrolls
I play cash games sit and gos. online poker tourneys it fun high stakes :D

always get enough sleep before playing poker like 8 hours
play smart and no donking it up like luck box

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started at $50, have worked it up to $1600

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK let me put it this way. I don't believe you are AVERAGING $400 every few hours. You may win this on a good day but I doubt you sustain that rate, especially at $1/$2 limit. Unless you are keeping records and can confirm that including downswings you average $400 every few hours, I think you're lying to yourself.

Ok let me put it this way.

When i start playing on any giving day i am usually up by about 400-600 dollars by the end of that day.

I never said that this figure included downswings.

If i were to include downswings then that figure could be reduced to 150 or possibly even a loss.

All im saying is that its very probable that i will be up that amount at some point during the day. Im not saying that i wont lose the majority of it when on a downswing.

Perhaps the way i put it seems to confuse people. Its obvious that i am not making 400 profit a day or else i would be doing it for a living.

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way what i said was;

"Its weird i usually make about 400 dollars in a few hours at the 1-2$ limits then just as easily lose about 200 dollars at the 3-6$ limit tables"

At no point do i say i make 400 dollars of profit. Im a gambler which usually means ill lose the majority of my winnings and only ever cash out small amounts.

My largest cash out to date was last week. 830 dollars. But only around 500 of that is profit.

I Play Poker the way retired people play golf. I try to get as good as possible, have fun and if im lucky make some money.

K

kingpeterpan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my br is $0.00 i deposit $20 here $30 there still learning i guess im just investing right now into learning....i did however win a freeroll tournament by luck 1355 players....beginners luck i guess...cant wait till i actually know how to play

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than 10c less than $5k :) spread all over the place +$700 at Titan in 6 weeks from ring games but only CC buy-ins and winnings at Bodog etc