what is my mistake in this hand ?

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in 5-10 (sb-bb) . my chip= 600 lira (60 bb)

in big position . i have KQ of .

UTG raise to 20 lira and 4 player calls . i call too .

Flop come 9 (heart ) Q (heart) 6 (diamond) .

3 player check . Btn position raise pot size . i get all in . UTG call . BTN call .

UTG is 99 . BTN is 66.

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You overplayed your hand, If you going to go all in do it pre flop.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why is a pair of queens good enough for you to get it in? Think about it. Would you be comfortable putting your entire stack with two queens and no draws and why? Because that is what you did.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

3 player check . Btn position raise pot size . i get all in . UTG call . BTN call .

UTG is 99 . BTN is 66.

Your mistake was flatting an open that 4 other players have already called.. you either squeeze or fold. The rest of the hand doesn't matter because your mistake was made pre-flop.

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your mistake was flatting an open that 4 other players have already called.. you either squeeze or fold. The rest of the hand doesn't matter because your mistake was made pre-flop.

What is the best action for me ?

Re raise ? How much?

If just one player called . What is the best action for me on the flop ?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best action for me ?

Re raise ? How much ?

I would fold pre-flop.

If you want to play the hand aggressively.... you could squeeze for around 140-160

again, I would fold pre. though

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold pre-flop.

If you want to play the hand aggressively.... you could squeeze for around 140-160

again, I would fold pre. though

Fold pre flop with KQ :eek: ?

Why ? It's jut 2 BB and i can try my luck :eek2:

Is KQ bad hand ?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre flop with KQ :eek: ?

Why ? It's jut 2 BB and i can try my luck :eek2:

Is KQ bad hand ?

Ok, I'm gonna try really hard to explain this. you're facing an open from UTG so generally the "range" of this opponent is going to pretty tight. Meaning that the hands that they are opening UTG will be ahead of your KQ. You then have 4 people flat call the UTG open. Which means one of a few things. either they are all really terrible players...... or they have hands like low to mid pocket pairs that they want to set mine for a cheap price... or they have the TOP of their "range" and are trying to trap knowing the pot is going to be bloated or assuming that someone will squeeze because so many people are flat calling the open. Any of those situations your KQ is behind. Therefore I will fold and pick a better spot.

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

UTG is 99 . BTN is 66.

Fish gives a stack with one pair.) I too fish))) Fun you fell under two sets, also you could be under AQ or Q9 Q6. It is important that happened at the table before, how and what is played. The most dangerous of all looks flush draw on this Board. I think it was better pot call flop and see the turn, check fold if turn of hearts or push allin otherwise. But we don't know your king suit. Good luck!

F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that calling pre flop is ok, since its a big pot, but you should know that you're behind.
All-in with top pair is just stupid, assuming that this is a cash game. Because what type of hands will call? A flush draw, maybe.. Any hand that has you beat will probably call.
I would reraise on the flop and fold to a reraise. If they call your reraise on the flop and bet the turn, I would fold. If they check instead, I would check behind, and fold to any raise higher than 1/3 of the pot on the river
In a later stage at a tournament without many chips, this flop play makes more sense, even tough it's the same situation, especially if you're going all-in against a big stack. You would be eliminated too, but fold equity plays a bigger role here

Last edited:
unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9-9 would call anyway

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree, if you play that hand that passively preflop on the button, you cant take an aggressive line when checked to on the flop without expecting someone to have found a draw to continue with or a better made hand alot.

Anatawa_Owasureru

Anatawa_Owasureru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have to say "going all in" was the mistake

a call would have sufficed and given you more data analysis time. Then you have to take into consideration that luck is always a factor. Also the preflop action was a bit passive, if you have a hand like this you generally want to raise your odds by taking the first street to a head to head show down.

Last edited:
Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe it's too early for all in? And bad luck also...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why it's always better to tighten your game or play aggressive preflop as you know from the start if your opponents have a good hand and structure your game consequences.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually with a hand and the board, I would have tried to find out if anyone has any flush draw, for this I would have reduced the chances to make the size of the minimum bet in the pot. If my opponent made the call to get a flash is very often would be a mistake.

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong, thats how the online poker is !
Few years ago, I was on a table when a hand of KK lost against AA, sounds normal right ?
The KK pre raised, the AA answered, THE FLOP >
K K A , AA guy raised *3 of kind / KK guy went all in * 4 of kind, and yes, the river was A so > AA 4 of kind won KK 4 of kind * logic :D

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just call...

Exactly. If anyone else calls, stands to reason they have a hand worth playing.

If the Q doesn't come on the turn, fold to any bet.

Some would argue that a re-raise from the BB is a good pre-flop option here. You can lead out with KQ from any position suited or not.

Keep in mind, the raise from UTG was weak as hell. That's why there was 4 callers! It's basically a limp and everyone else is limping right along with him. A raise from the BB will get rid of a couple of those guys. The fact that one guy had 99 and another 66 does not mean the re-raise is a bad move. It's the right move and most good players in the BB are going to re-raise a weak bet like that....especially with a hand like KQ.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Personally for me . Pot size raise is too much for my QKo(one pair)=fold.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you play that hand that passively preflop

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9-9 would call anyway

I'm inclined to disagree. If he squeezes and makes it 140-160 as suggested. 99 is no longer getting the necessary pot odds to make a profitable call. Both the 99 and 66 should worry about a 3bet against an opening from a UTG. Think about what 3betting a UTG says. An open from the UTG says I have a strong hand already we know that. A 3 bet squeeze against an opening UTG says I know you have a strong hand but I think mines better and I'm ready to play for stacks.

Sdz5252

Sdz5252

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. If anyone else calls, stands to reason they have a hand worth playing.

If the Q doesn't come on the turn, fold to any bet.

Some would argue that a re-raise from the BB is a good pre-flop option here. You can lead out with KQ from any position suited or not.

Keep in mind, the raise from UTG was weak as hell. That's why there was 4 callers! It's basically a limp and everyone else is limping right along with him. A raise from the BB will get rid of a couple of those guys. The fact that one guy had 99 and another 66 does not mean the re-raise is a bad move. It's the right move and most good players in the BB are going to re-raise a weak bet like that....especially with a hand like KQ.
I'm rechecking and a double the bet would mostly push 2or3 players off the side; like if they stay. The min someone opens to stay in

S

Sisyphus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I'm gonna try really hard to explain this. you're facing an open from UTG so generally the "range" of this opponent is going to pretty tight. Meaning that the hands that they are opening UTG will be ahead of your KQ. You then have 4 people flat call the UTG open. Which means one of a few things. either they are all really terrible players...... or they have hands like low to mid pocket pairs that they want to set mine for a cheap price... or they have the TOP of their "range" and are trying to trap knowing the pot is going to be bloated or assuming that someone will squeeze because so many people are flat calling the open. Any of those situations your KQ is behind. Therefore I will fold and pick a better spot.
Could add a little more but you're on the money

Sdz5252

Sdz5252

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
( Sorry) I mean the min someone speaks they fold. That's how I would play it, Hey cards are a gamble , right then play them; Gentlemen that would be my move.

))

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands