What the duck

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My buddy just started online, fairly good live player and just in 4 days managed to grow his bankroll 82x from 10$ to 210$. Is this normal or what:D? he played approx. 6000 hands.

Now at 330$ and 5 days past playing nl 4

Last edited by a moderator:
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hell lose it even quicker if he doesn't BRM. yes it does not sound like anomaly.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you grow fast, it means you can lose it even faster.
But I hope he can cash out some of it :)

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My buddy just started online, fairly good live player and just in 4 days managed to grow his bankroll 82x from 10$ to 210$. Is this normal or what:D? he played approx. 6000 hands.
and I just in 5 hours managed to lose all my bankroll 100$ playing big limits, I was idiot...:(:(NOW I am afraid of deposit, I play only freerolls

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I wish I could do that. It would take a day of grinding for me to do that.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what's 82x10?

Kidding.

that's amazing.

Tell 'em to mortgage the house and play me immediately.

Seriously.

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The phenomenal rise. Teach me the mathematics of poker in which 82x10=210.:eek:

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh sorry, calculated from.one bin[emoji23][emoji23]

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell us what happened after a while

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Not normal or standard, but I can see it possible, him playing some higher limits then he is supposed to, considering the bankroll.
I wish your friend good luck, but tell him to take it down a notch, we don't want him to lose it all in 2 or 3 all-in situations.

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all gone boys. Not because of unluckiness, but because of tilts.
And again, the mighty enemy of hero slays him to the inferno of every player: empty bank roll. And again does the fairytale of poker end miserably.

Almighty poker gods. Give us power to overcome the beast. Give us power to hook fish of the magnificently wide hold'em sea without busting our whole bankroll because of f*ucking frustration.

Please.

Thanks.

Bye.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is all gone boys. Not because of unluckiness, but because of tilts.
And again, the mighty enemy of hero slays him to the inferno of every player: empty bank roll. And again does the fairytale of poker end miserably.

Almighty poker gods. Give us power to overcome the beast. Give us power to hook fish of the magnificently wide hold'em sea without busting our whole bankroll because of f*ucking frustration.

Please.

Thanks.

Bye.
I keep telling people but they don't believe. poker sites favour new players. They build them up and get their confidence up so they can piss away their bank roll when their privileges are revoked and they are thrown in with the normal poker players and alllllllll the bad beats that come with, so it is almost designed to tilt your bank roll to nothing. Keep thinking online poker is normal. Keep believing in variance. ;-)

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep telling people but they don't believe. Poker sites favour new players. They build them up and get their confidence up so they can piss away their bank roll when their privileges are revoked and they are thrown in with the normal poker players and alllllllll the bad beats that come with, so it is almost designed to tilt your bank roll to nothing. Keep thinking online poker is normal. Keep believing in variance. ;-)
Well, imo that is superstitious argument and unreasonable also but it has a reason why you might think like this:

When a new guy starts playing and wins plenty of money with luck(in this situation the player who started playing online had really a serious skillset, he is a thinking LAG but happens to tilt often) and then loses it all after a short period of time, it is a story that is worth telling and sharing.

But when a new fella loses it all instantly or gradually goes downwards it is not a story worth telling and thus is not told. We only hear about the first scenario and that is why it feels that way

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can see how you would think this way, but having read about and experienced the same phenomenon, I stand by my statement.