Total posts
Chips
1,000 hands played today it’s this 1 I remember

VILLAIN $30 UTG
Hero $30 Button

Heads up to flop

K42 Rain
$1.20 bet I call

K42 Turn 4 spades now 2 spades on board.

Checks I bet half pot, to my surprise he raises 2x to $5
Red flags going off, maybe some dumb flush draw so I decide to call, or drunk bluff idk. Was tempted to fold right there but want to see if we can get check on river. Really beating myself up not checking this back, but thought I could target 99-55 and flush draws maybe random A wants to hit A on river…

K42 4 River 4
He bets $15.14 pot! Bombs away baby!
I wasn’t going to call, I suspect he had AA, AK, Kings Full or quads to do this line. Tom Dwan only player I know who is creative enough to make this type of bluff, no way a low stakes player can pull this off, I could be wrong….

Anyway, what does villain have? Would you have checked turn, maybe bet 1/3 pot instead?

Also I did not have any reads or data on this player, maybe 25VP

Cheers

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with heads up is the the wide range one uses to open. Villain can have pretty much any ace and lots of kings..Also pretty much any pair. What can villian have Ax of spades. AA, KK, 44, 22 all make sense on the turn, AA, KK, 44 and A4s on the river.

What was hero's hand? Can't judge without knowing

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I raised with AK and a crazy guy went all in with 82 offsuit. I called and of course he got an 8 and won.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with heads up is the the wide range one uses to open. Villain can have pretty much any ace and lots of kings..Also pretty much any pair. What can villian have Ax of spades. AA, KK, 44, 22 all make sense on the turn, AA, KK, 44 and A4s on the river.

What was hero's hand? Can't judge without knowing

Forgot my hand lol 10/10

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
1,000 hands played today it’s this 1 I remember

VILLAIN $30 UTG
Hero $30 Button

Heads up to flop

K42 Rain
$1.20 bet I call

K42 Turn 4 spades now 2 spades on board.

Checks I bet half pot, to my surprise he raises 2x to $5
Red flags going off, maybe some dumb flush draw so I decide to call, or drunk bluff idk. Was tempted to fold right there but want to see if we can get check on river. Really beating myself up not checking this back, but thought I could target 99-55 and flush draws maybe random A wants to hit A on river…

K42 4 River 4
He bets $15.14 pot! Bombs away baby!
I wasn’t going to call, I suspect he had AA, AK, Kings Full or quads to do this line. Tom Dwan only player I know who is creative enough to make this type of bluff, no way a low stakes player can pull this off, I could be wrong….

Anyway, what does villain have? Would you have checked turn, maybe bet 1/3 pot instead?

Also I did not have any reads or data on this player, maybe 25VP

Cheers

Villain has quite sure Kx. Top pair after flop, 2 pairs on turn and a FH on river...
Good stuff for raises and minimizes your range to beat him on AA or 4x

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Hard to understand what's going on without proper hand history. Do you have a poker tracker? If yes, can you extract hh from there and post here through hand replayer?

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you'll have to let this one "go" in a sense that you'll never know the real answer.
You might suspect he had a king or that he indeed had "something good", but even if it was a crazy bluff, you already let it go and he didn't show you his cards, so basically you'll never know.
As long as the decision made was mathematically sound, you don't have much to regret.