What could you do in this situation ?

3duvel

3duvel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Everyone I would like to ask a question If I have :as4::ad4: and the flop comes

:4s4::6s4::7s4:

and the other bet all in, being that it may have already formed or has a flush or straight project but I still have the opportunity to form a flush.or flush straight

And there is also the possibility that the other is bluffing

Would it be okay to risk and go all in Considering that I can be eliminated?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you have? 2 aces and a 4?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would it be okay to risk and go all in Considering that I can be eliminated?

Depends on the SPR and the ICM. But pretty rare I will fold.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I gamble every time on that. Im all in!

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may depend on how much has already been invested into the pot.. he could have set, str, flush or simply air or maybe callin w/ K high spade & a pair trying to scare you off knowing anybody w/o any any spade is almost an automatic fold.. (ofc depending on whether they respect the board/your play)..

Personally, all in no question & the more players the better.. just make sure you have a decent bankroll (amount of buy ins & for your preferred table) & you'll be fine imo.. hope that helps!

Edit. Jst noticed its for a tourney.. in that case i'd say there are some extra variables to deal with.. e.g. are you a shortstack that he's trying to bully.. how much was raised pre, been paying attention to his ranges? & most importantly, are you trying to just cash & be ITM or go for Gold?? For the latter, an easy call.. though if you haven't invested too much into the pot yet & have an average amount of BBs then you could very well fold for a better spot if you're feeling extra nitty.. just the perfect scenario are far & few inbetween.. & this hand ain't all too bad however you look @it..

Last edited:
69Reaper

69Reaper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More info

You have no information here. What was the preflop action, what are the stack sizes, what stage of the tnmt is this, what are the ICM implications? Poker is a game of information, and that is all you can base your decisions on.
If he has a pair + flush draw he'd have to be playing A7o or so and you have 71.5% equity. If he has a made flush, say KQs, then you have 31.7%. If he has a set, you have 35%. So it depends on the SPR and how much you have to call off and other factors, not to mention what you know about this specific player, your read on him if any.
In a vacuum, I'm calling knowing I have at least >30% equity. You can't be afraid of monsters under the bed and if you're folding here, what part of your range are you ever calling with!?
I would suggest you download Equilab and run your hands against various other hands or ranges to see how they stack up. If you do it enough off the table, then it will be easier at the table and you will have more confidence in your decisions. BTW, Equilab is free, just google it.
Hope this helps. It's a bit of work, but there is no other way to get better and stop doubting your decisions. Poker is a journey. Enjoy the ride and you will arrive at your destination...GLGL

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is a tournament I would try to play with a small increase to evaluate the situation but be willing to put them all d if necessary

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday I managed to play my first tournament as a silver member of this community, good experience although bad fortune since they took me out with AA aces vs 56 suited in boar 68k with two clubs and the achievement of completing his flush on river I hope to have better luck in the coming tournaments greetings to all members and good luck at your tables

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on several other factors. this includes the action which preceded the flop, my stack, the level of play of my opponent and his ranch of hand suppose ect .. but in general I would bet the pot to defend and not give a free card to my opponent. there is always the possibility that a spad will come on the turn and the river and make my hand even better.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend on another criteria that others have mentioned. If you are already pot committed then you need to call. You are holding the key card the As, and making the call could go either way. I might call it if I was looking to gamble.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are hoping he is not AA it's 100% call because you have a loooot of equity.Str or flush and even trips dont play like this betting all in.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd have to call because there are 2 streets to come with the chance to improve my hand. Let the chips fall where they may.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to fold 2 aces, so call, hoping there is no bluff and the flush will hit.:aetsch:

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not. I'm afraid that I will not be lucky and someone from 7 5 will get me)

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I call, the villain may not have a project but a minor pair seems most likely to me.

ptracco

ptracco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call it for sure.. at flop. at turn no.
too many cards for you

69Reaper

69Reaper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday I managed to play my first tournament as a silver member of this community, good experience although bad fortune since they took me out with AA aces vs 56 suited in boar 68k with two clubs and the achievement of completing his flush on river I hope to have better luck in the coming tournaments greetings to all members and good luck at your tables
This has nothing to do with the thread so why post it? If you wanted to discuss your hand you could open a new thread and get better results. And you probably went to far with the hand. AA is a nice starting hand but in the end it is only one pair, learn to let them go if the action dictates it. gl