What are the correct pot odds to call with ATC? Any two cards

G

g0tjohnd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the correct pot odds to call with any two cards? Assuming you also have position , and does this apply to ring games also?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on relative stacks.

200bb + it's pretty wide considering if i have a read on the villian or not.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how lucky you are

Odds needed by a donk .01-.05 : 1
Odds needed by most people: see above post

I'll stop there.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that generally speaking, 3:1. Once again though, it depends on a lot of things, like are the cards you have connected, suited etc etc, relative stack sizes, position in the MTT just to name a few.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In holdem, any two dealt cards will pair one of them approx 60% of the time if hand sees all 7 cards. (Stat from Card Player Magazine, 2nd issue of 2007, if I remember correct)

This is one of the most absurd odds there is. One might think they have a 60% chance to pair either thier 3 or thier 4. And they do, but there would seem to be no odds that can account for the other 4 cards that will probably beat your pair of 3's or 4's.

Just because you will pair up 6 times out of 10 if you stick in there, is NOT a good reason to hang in there EXCEPT when short stacked. EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN THAT POT has those same odds !!!!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The deeper stacked and the more aggressive your opponents are offer greater and greater odds to call with ATC. Example your stacked at 1000xBB and a player that goes all in for his c-bet every flop, you should call with 32o. This figure decreased the less aggressive your opponents are, because your implied odds shrink, and the less deep you are because your direct odds increase.

Another example, your playing a sit and go, the blinds are 300/600, your in the BB with 601 chips and the small blind raises. So for calling 1 more chip you have a chance of winning 1200. Call with any 2.

There are lots more examples out there, but thats 2 quick ones. :)

Zameus

Zameus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Implied odds aside, AA vs 72 sharing suits is 9:1. I don't think there's any situation that can be much worse than that. So barring a specific tournament situation, I would say you absolutely have to call with ATC getting 9:1 or better. I think that's what you're looking for.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes...9:1 is great odds on anything...but if theres 2000 in the pot and its gonna cost me 300-400 to go heads or 200-300 for three way pot..i would see a flop ATC with the right stack...soooooted cards also seem to be a fav of the DONKSALOTS out there...but 4.5 to1 or better, im callin with the right stack...

2cents

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA vs AK is the worst match-up. If AK unsuited and King is not same suit as either of the AA, it's about a 13:1 dog. So if you are given 13:1 odds, it'd seem you should call. The question is actually much more complicated in reality though because your equity will be diminished with extra players in the pot. Many may have hands that dominate yours as intimated by dj11 above. As with all poker questions, this is situational.

G

g0tjohnd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it, anyways do you apply these pot odds in cash games too? I seem to have trouble with cash games , and the AA vs AK off suit 13:1 underdog, In a cash game I got all the money in preflop vs AQ suited i think it was 120 $ pot I hit a set on the flop so I have 3 of a kind, and he turns the nut flush... i dont pair the board on the river.... such a bad beat :(

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator