Using Donk bet + limping to raise your vpip

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone intentionally skew your vpip and aggression level?

Like limping on the button with 72o. You have no intention to contest the pot, but using 1BB to skew your stats.

Or min raising on the flop to raise your aggression level?

These are not contested hands but just to skew the stats so you don't look like as big as a NIT.

N

Nsmith360

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to skew your stats why don’t you open hands with a bit more equity. J8 A2-5 etc

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to skew your stats why don’t you open hands with a bit more equity. J8 A2-5 etc

I think the risk is with half marginal hands you end up playing them. That is where I get into trouble. What was suppose to be an auto fold ends up being a contested hand, that loses 20BB.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the risk is with half marginal hands you end up playing them. That is where I get into trouble. What was suppose to be an auto fold ends up being a contested hand, that loses 20BB.
I think donk bet seems like a shot on the dark, you waste a chance to see one more action of your oponents wasting the chance to restrict their ranges. I recommend you value donkbet against too much loose passives, when it doesn't reveal your cards. Against all other player styles, I think you have to open check(fold/call/raise).
Sometimes when conciously used, limping may be a good tool to get chips, but think getting chips, not handling your stats. When you were balanced, your stats is going to be ok. Poker is a long term game, so don't worry about that.