Two pair review

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys appreciate your input again on this, was called down to the river by a pair of eights in a 6max game.
Obviously loving the fact I hit my ace, would you have played differently? Am I opening to wide with A8s UTG?

www.cardschat.com/replayer/4tdIUYl

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys appreciate your input again on this, was called down to the river by a pair of eights in a 6max game.
Obviously loving the fact I hit my ace, would you have played differently? Am I opening to wide with A8s UTG?

www.cardschat.com/replayer/4tdIUYl

In my opinion, you did everything right! With the largest stack at the table and a decent hand, that's the only way to go!
Maybe some of the players had a hand before the flush, but apparently he was afraid to go against such a stack!:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The open is fine, because its suited. Postflop is also fine, and I love the fact, you got value on the river, when he checked to you. Yeah sure maybe sometimes he has trips and get scared of the flush, or he even has the flush and is trapping you. But I think, you correctly pinpointed, that most of his range consist of worse two pair hands, and that these might find a crying call. Getting those last 75c on the river is huge for your winrate so well done :party:

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The open is fine, because its suited. Postflop is also fine, and I love the fact, you got value on the river, when he checked to you. Yeah sure maybe sometimes he has trips and get scared of the flush, or he even has the flush and is trapping you. But I think, you correctly pinpointed, that most of his range consist of worse two pair hands, and that these might find a crying call. Getting those last 75c on the river is huge for your winrate so well done :party:

Thanks very much for this guys, appreciate it :icon_flow

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks very much for this guys, appreciate it :icon_flow

Welcome. Usually these hand reviews are about finding mistakes and correcting them, but I think, its equally important to focus on hands, where we did something well :)

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome. Usually these hand reviews are about finding mistakes and correcting them, but I think, its equally important to focus on hands, where we did something well :)

Thanks! What I am doing at the end of my sessions is looking over the hands that I lost and won the most with. The reason I look at my winning hands is because I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking just because I won a big pot I am a good player- it is entirely possible I just got lucky!

the reasons for looking at my biggest losing hands is obvious! :icon_flow

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks! What I am doing at the end of my sessions is looking over the hands that I lost and won the most with. The reason I look at my winning hands is because I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking just because I won a big pot I am a good player- it is entirely possible I just got lucky!

the reasons for looking at my biggest losing hands is obvious! :icon_flow
Thats a great strategy, you can always learn something. The other thing is that even if you won a hand you could have maybe won more because you played a street differently. You can always learn something from every hand you play win or lose. Nice hand by the way :top: