Turn Overbets

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a goodie to introduce to those who don't already do this.

Recently I've started overbet stabbing the turn when the flop goes chk-chk, and it's been printing money, fish call anyways with draws, regs' minds explode, it's good all around.

This works best with a polarized strategy, you bet 1.5-2x pot with draws bluffs and also with strong value hands like 2 pair +. (as opposed to half pot bet which is for thin value)

I was wondering if/how you guys specifically employ this tactic?

What are your turn strategies when the flop gets double checked?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do use a lot of overbet with polarised range to punish capped range.

Facing competent players, I would have a more balanced flop checking ranges OOP rather than small range betting flop at a very higher frequency (which also prints money vs fit/fold players) as preflop aggressor

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Recently I've started overbet stabbing the turn when the flop goes chk-chk, and it's been printing money, fish call anyways with draws, regs' minds explode, it's good all around.

This works best with a polarized strategy, you bet 1.5-2x pot with draws bluffs and also with strong value hands like 2 pair +. (as opposed to half pot bet which is for thin value)

Love this play, especially at smaller stakes.

The one time I'm cautious with it is when a draw completes that they can conceivable check back on the flop. (Player dependent of course)

Usually doing this exploitative play you're talking about you will make a lot of money for sure!!!

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Depending on size of pot and opponent either half or full pot raise

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips everyone [emoji4]