Trying to play micro stakes 05. / .10

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried to play in low micro stakes? Whats your experience. I always thought that it was a waste of time and no money but after reading crushing the microstakes my mind has somewhat changed.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to try and get 2 tables with low stakes

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried to play in low micro stakes? Whats your experience. I always thought that it was a waste of time and no money but after reading crushing the microstakes my mind has somewhat changed.

I understand correctly that it is a question of a cash game?

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes cash games. I am trying to buy bitcoin to fund the account. lets see what we can do with a small deposit and play micro

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing microstakes. the investment is small, but it can be rewarding.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what kind of bankroll do you start and how many tables? I am planning to start with about 500, maybe no more than 50 per day

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I enjoy playing microstakes. the investment is small, but it can be rewarding.
Hi
I play a lot of .01-.02 cash and its not easy.
When you buy in with 2.00 and reach 3.50 + than you will see a slide down, you catch good starting cards but dont make the board.
So its not really rewarding but agree its low risk.
Just my opinion, with all due respect.

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you aren't trying to make money playing micros, you're getting experience... if you are serious about it, think of it as tuition to school

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micro stakes are important

you aren't trying to make money playing micros, you're getting experience... if you are serious about it, think of it as tuition to school

Couldn’t agree more with this statement. Micro stakes are where you learn to play poker, and it’s almost a training ground. If you can develop and become good at the game, then you’ll earn a bankroll big enough to move up the stakes. Not play as good? Then your bankroll will take a hit and you need to move down. I’m currently in this ‘training area’ as I’m struggling to move up from 2NL... Hence study, recording games and this forum board :)

Best of luck in your games!

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on micro limits, very well, after reading the book by Nathan Williams "Beat micro limits" my success data have become much better) at the micro limits there is a lot of fish, which willingly gives all their money)

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on micro limits, very well, after reading the book by Nathan Williams "Beat micro limits" my success data have become much better) at the micro limits there is a lot of fish, which willingly gives all their money)

Im going to read the book, thanks

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micros are more for people who haven't quite got the experience to go pro. Sure, not everybody wants to go pro, but those are the people who I think micros suit. I'd say that $1/2 is when limits start being professional - I'm sure that with many tables (and possibly in countries where it's cheaper to live) that lower stakes can be just a profitable - but I'd say that, given a win rate of 10BB/100 (just over an hour, usually), that's $20/100 at $1/2, which is a decent salary. If you enjoy micros, stick to them - however I'd seriously suggest playing just one or two levels higher if you want to take things seriously. There are a lot of fishy players in 1/2c that could easily cost you quite a bit of money at times, whereas in 2/5c or 5/10c, players tend to be much stronger (and therefore better to play against) for not much more of an investment.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your bankroll? Just curious because you need to prob 1/25 or even lower. Good luck

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the micro limits there is a lot of fish, which willingly gives all their money)

Its a little unnerving sometimes. Like if you have TPTK, and someone keeps calling & calling your bets. Do they have two pair or better and are bullish on their chances?

Well, no.... A pair of 6s.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like micro-stakes. You can make money at any level.

MATTBAMATIDWELL

MATTBAMATIDWELL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be profitable for sure. If you are a player who can't think in terms of big bets won vs actual money won it might become a bit boring to you. Also depends on how serious about Bankroll management you are and what you are running with too I suppose.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope no luck at all in the mirco's even playin multiple tables didn't help

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro stakes online to practice hand reading, player profiling, bankroll management (patience not to take shots) and sometimes tilt management as well. It boosted my confidence to play live low stakes when I found that I am "likely" a winner at NL2 online