"Try Me"

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering what you all think about an aggro player going all-in on the river and typing "try me" in the chat box. Is that typically a bluff, or is he hoping to dare you into a call? All I had was top pair with K kicker at the time.

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you know about the player? Are they chat happy? If so is there a coorolation between their chat and the hands they have shown down so far? If they are paying attention, what do they think you are likely to do in the face of the all-in bet on that board, the way the hand has been played?

Really not enough information here to say. But by thinking about these questions you may have some idea as to what they are trying to get you to do. I forget who said it but, "Figure out what your opponent wants you to do and disappoint them."

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, generally talking live or typing in chat box online means strength just because on a bluff they'll be silent and not want to give you an excuse to call. Obviously exception is if they know you know this and are trying to level you but against an unknown this is a snapfold most likely.