Triple barrel river versus nut with ok blockers

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
d this yesterday I thought it was fine to triple barrel because we block so many top pairs/ straights he could have flopped we go big because the board is very wet there are a lot of hands he can call with so we need to fold out some of that

in general how should I play this I dont think we ever win If we check-back river

this is a nitty reg 21/16/3 over 400+ hands

imo I think we can fold hands like A8s A5s ATs 66/ 99-TT JTs KJs AJo/s although his a nit I dont expect him to fold any Qx bw type hands like QT hearts or diamonds
(A8s A5s 66 not as likely by the river)

when he raises I expect him to have at least top2pair we of course fold to a raise AI

thanks

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

arapum (UTG): 103.8 BB
redditchuk20 (MP): 110.7 BB
COnate82 (CO): 100 BB
father here (BTN): 100 BB
OnePunchKing (SB): 193.8 BB
tap_9009 (BB): 265.4 BB

OnePunchKing posts SB 0.5 BB, tap_9009 posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) redditchuk20 has Tc Kc
fold, redditchuk20 raises to 3 BB, fold, father here calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (7.5 BB, 2 players) 7h Jc 8s
redditchuk20 bets 3.9 BB, father here calls 3.9 BB

Turn : (15.3 BB, 2 players) Qs
redditchuk20 bets 14 BB, father here calls 14 BB

River : (43.3 BB, 2 players) 7c
redditchuk20 bets 35 BB, father here raises to 79.1 BB and is all-in, fold

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI

You are playing it well friend, remember that everything is probabilities, and sometimes you win or lose.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are playing it well friend, remember that everything is probabilities, and sometimes you win or lose.
im not sure how much strategy you're considering in this but I dont think it was played terribly either

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
This is a very coordinated board, and you are out of position, so I am not going to be C-betting a lot here. You did hit a little something though with a gutshot, a BDFD and an overcard, so overall I think, this C-bet is ok.

Turn
You picked up 4 additional outs to a straight, and for that reason I would also fire another barrel. I am not sure about the sizing though. Does almost full pot really generate that many more folds than say 60% pot?

River
It was not a great bluffing card, because you should never really have a naked 7X, that takes this line. So from an exploitative old-school standpoint I lean towards not having any bluffs here. But that being said KT has to be one of the worst hands, you can arrive with on the river in this way, so bluffing can not be that bad. If I had to guess, he probably flopped a set but was scared of the straight, and thats why, he did not raise you until the river. And in that case you obviously just ran into the top of his range.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the same flop, I fell into the same trap as you were about 2 hours ago in 6+ Hold'em. Only on my hands I had QQ. My perflop raise, continuation bet on a doubles board, villain calls, turn he calls too. I think this is not a bluff, but a sign of strength. Your opponent was pulling a set across all the streets, which turned into a full house on the river.