Tournament Life short stacked all in and card dead..

real_lee85

real_lee85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament play when your short stacked and completely card dead. Do you bluff do you blind out? What do you do because you don't know if you just have to wait one hand til you get a feasible hand to go all in with good equity. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past due to being card dead and I seem to force the issue because I can only be patient for so long. Whats your opinion on this?

A

AcesDJD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you get to 10 BB's or less, you want to be looking to push just about any decent hand. Connectors, Qx suited etc. Depending on exactly how many blinds you have left, you certainly may want to fold your cards if someone moves all in on you, but moving in is always superior to getting blinded off. Just don't do it with bad cards and 20 BB.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes better is wait longer for the best moment to shove. Remember that 4BB is still better than nothing, and that players who was eliminated would give a lot to have that much. Be patient, but never let up to blind out.
The smaller stack = The wider range to all-in. But be patient... ;)

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait good had. Risking with average or bluffing doesnt work well.

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start looking to shove around 12 BBs, but try to wait for a decent hand...at least suited connector, or nice paint. If I get down to 6 BBs, I'm going with almost anything that could hit a flop, especially if I'm in position and the blinds are playing fairly tight.

J

JB_ILLINI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stacked at BOL

I've noticed at BetOnline, but it's probably true for all online poker sites, when I'm short stacked and have a good starting hand and even if I catch 2 or of a kind or 3 of a kind by the time I hit the turn or the river some large stack player will chase calling all of my bets and always end up sucking out a straight or flush against me. So many flops of one suit or even at times 4 cards of the same suit on the table when I have trips.
So I'm convinced online poker toward the end of tourneys tend to give cards to the larger stacks to quicken the tourney finish.

jb_illini

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start looking to shove around 12 BBs, but try to wait for a decent hand...at least suited connector, or nice paint. If I get down to 6 BBs, I'm going with almost anything that could hit a flop, especially if I'm in position and the blinds are playing fairly tight.

With 6BB is ok to push all-in with every pair, Ax, Kx, Qx, also Jx, suited connectors... But if You are on bubble maybe better is play more tight to get some money (everything depends of situation and typo of tourney)

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course your business to a short stack sit and wait for good cards that knows when to come . but it is best to either go down to the lower limit or withdraw from the table .

F

Filyaga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
course wait top pair and play all in

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By what you all are saying, I guess I'm playing with a short stack the right way. I'm sure not the one to blind out. And I don't wait as long to make a move as some. My thinking is that if I get to low stacked it's not going to help much even if I do win the hand and I will be looking for another spot to do the same pretty quick. I like to go down fighting and I want something to show for it and be able to last a few more rounds while I'm looking for another spot to try it again. And all this is assuming I win the hands. But to be real, I might win one and even two hands like that, but it's a fact that I can't win them all, but I will have done my best to stay in the game.

L

leonidasG4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also when you are short-stacked and close to the bubble, try to bully the other short stacks. Many really tight players will risk getting blinded out to get ITM.

J

jony blaz99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament play when your short stacked and completely card dead. Do you bluff do you blind out? What do you do because you don't know if you just have to wait one hand til you get a feasible hand to go all in with good equity. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past due to being card dead and I seem to force the issue because I can only be patient for so long. Whats your opinion on this?
It has to bluff, although there is a good chance that your opponent will make a call

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Overall, it is just a tight spot to be in. You have to go with what feels right to you. I have pushed and lost, and noticed if I had waited and things came around to me, that I would have blinded out before it got to me. Other times, you push a sub par hand, win, and you do not have to fight to be in the money. Do what feels right.