Tough decision with pocket 10s on wet board

S

sumsush1711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, would like to know your feedback in this spot that I was in recently. I will post the results after hearing some of the answers.

2/5NL - 500 effective and 6 handed. Villian is a TAG and has been playing pretty straight forward for the most part. He is not afraid to double barrel on boards that favour his range.

Pre flop: Folds to Villian on the BTN, and he makes it $15. I'm on the BB with 10c10s, and I 3bet to 50. Villian thinks and just flats.

Flop ($102) - Kc Js 10d: I cbet $55 on this board (thoughts?). I figure I can be called by some Kx, Jx, 2 pairs, QJ, Q10, KQ, etc. I think I can size up here to $60/$70, but let me know your feedback. Villian now raises me to $155. I did not expect this tbh. My range is so much stronger on this flop (I have all the sets, etc.) and him raising me despite that threw some alarm bells.

What would you do in this spot?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a tough decision. There are only 4 hands that have you beat on the flop. By the looks of his preflop raise, you could see a Q9 suited or an AQ. I cannot put him on JJ or KK since his raise wasn't too big and he didn't re-raise you. I would either call or shove here. If he flopped the straight you still have outs and your implied odds are good to get all his chips if you hit your boat.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call and call his jams on turns. Easy decision to get 100bbs in with a set. Don't raise the flop since he might have some random bluff so just call. If he checks the turn shove the river

S

sumsush1711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your comments! I ended up calling his bet with the intention of calling a shove on any card that wasn't an Ace or Queen. Unfortunately, the turn was an Ace. I checked and he snap shoves. I ended up tank folding. Wasn't sure what I was beating at this point other than some two pairs that he played hyper aggressively, which doesn't add up. Even if he played AA in a tricky way, that got there too. Should I be calling the shove?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your comments! I ended up calling his bet with the intention of calling a shove on any card that wasn't an Ace or Queen. Unfortunately, the turn was an Ace. I checked and he snap shoves. I ended up tank folding. Wasn't sure what I was beating at this point other than some two pairs that he played hyper aggressively, which doesn't add up. Even if he played AA in a tricky way, that got there too. Should I be calling the shove?

You should have shoved on the flop. Since you didn't, I would have tank called on the turn. Hard to put your opponent on a straight there. More often than not it's two pair.

S

sumsush1711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have shoved on the flop. Since you didn't, I would have tank called on the turn. Hard to put your opponent on a straight there. More often than not it's two pair.

Yes agreed. Looking back, if I call the flop I should probably be calling the turn jam as well. If he flopped the straight so be it I guess. I definitely was overthinking this hand at the time.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes agreed. Looking back, if I call the flop I should probably be calling the turn jam as well. If he flopped the straight so be it I guess. I definitely was overthinking this hand at the time.

It's okay! Just take it as a learning experience and use it to help you later on!