Top pair, Top kicker face Turn all in

D

dijsktra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you please review this hand for me ?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

UTG: 119 BB (VPIP: 41.36, PFR: 21.82, 3Bet Preflop: 9.89, Hands: 224)
CO: 188.5 BB (VPIP: 33.85, PFR: 5.06, 3Bet Preflop: 4.20, Hands: 266)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.09, PFR: 24.72, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 92)
Hero (SB): 97.5 BB
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 19.72, PFR: 18.31, 3Bet Preflop: 6.45, Hands: 71)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kc Ac
fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 2 players) 9s 5c Ad
Hero bets 5.5 BB, CO raises to 25 BB, Hero calls 19.5 BB

Turn : (59 BB, 2 players) 6s
Hero checks, CO bets 57 BB, fold

CO wins 57 BB

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
villian had pocket aces or pocket pair and made a set maybe? i would fold as well

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Your villain looks like a very boring fish over a decent number of hands. Looks like you probably got set mined on the flop here and, after the turn, there's not much room for improvement for you. However, your villain could just as easily be donking on a lower Ax like AQ. In my experience at these levels you're usually beat on the flop with your villain's bet. Take a look at previous hands with the villain and see how often he overplays his top pair or weaker premium pairs on this type of board.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vilain flat called preflop then called a 2BB raise.. raised 5x postflop.. then shoved pot size on the turn..

Possibilities a/p basic pocker rules: pokets 6s, 9s or a successfull slow play of pocket As preflop.. High pair like Ks or Qs.. which you beat but it doesn't know that..

The 5x times raise postflop goes against all rules of pot control.. I mean, with a call it makes the pot 6x bigger.. so to play this type of pot, you need something strong.. Still Ks or Qs are a possibility here.. Raise to check if Ks or Qs are still good..

Two pairs is also a possibility with A9...

The raise preflop wasn't so big so AJ, AQ are also possible... worst case senario, AK too!!

Straight, I don't think so.. it makes no sens with the raise postflop... or he bluffed and got lucky as <insert your favorite adjective>!!!

It's tight a bit, but with the warnings sent by CO, I would fold also

-TRP-

D

dijsktra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vilain flat called preflop then called a 2BB raise.. raised 5x postflop.. then shoved pot size on the turn..

Possibilities a/p basic pocker rules: pokets 6s, 9s or a successfull slow play of pocket As preflop.. High pair like Ks or Qs.. which you beat but it doesn't know that..

The 5x times raise postflop goes against all rules of pot control.. I mean, with a call it makes the pot 6x bigger.. so to play this type of pot, you need something strong.. Still Ks or Qs are a possibility here.. Raise to check if Ks or Qs are still good..

Two pairs is also a possibility with A9...

The raise preflop wasn't so big so AJ, AQ are also possible... worst case senario, AK too!!

Straight, I don't think so.. it makes no sens with the raise postflop... or he bluffed and got lucky as <insert your favorite adjective>!!!

It's tight a bit, but with the warnings sent by CO, I would fold also

-TRP-

Do you think, Should be better to fold to 5x reraise on flop ?

Sorry for my English.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think, Should be better to fold to 5x reraise on flop ?

Sorry for my English.

MAYBE... I mean we'll never know because we don't know what vilain had.. and it's not like you played badly.. you raised preflop announcing a strong hand.. then, you hit the flop, Top-Top in hand, you take the lead.. when playing agressive, that's the way to do it..

but if you play with someone playing the amount of money instead of the amount of BB, at this stake, it's nothing to call a 4BB raise preflop, even with pocket deuces..

Playing that hand and reviewing it, I would probably change my bet sizing preflop, maybe at 6-7x trying to use psychology to make fold small pockets and weak aces. Looks like nothing, but between 8¢ and 10¢ just by the amount of digits it can change someone's mind.. then check-call/raise/fold postflop and control the pot in case of a turn.. after all, someone called my raise.. what does he have?

..and I would probably look at it because of losing it, worse then it happened to you. :D

-TRP-

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you please review this hand for me ?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

UTG: 119 BB (VPIP: 41.36, PFR: 21.82, 3Bet Preflop: 9.89, Hands: 224)
CO: 188.5 BB (VPIP: 33.85, PFR: 5.06, 3Bet Preflop: 4.20, Hands: 266)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.09, PFR: 24.72, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 92)
Hero (SB): 97.5 BB
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 19.72, PFR: 18.31, 3Bet Preflop: 6.45, Hands: 71)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kc Ac
fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 2 players) 9s 5c Ad
Hero bets 5.5 BB, CO raises to 25 BB, Hero calls 19.5 BB

Turn : (59 BB, 2 players) 6s
Hero checks, CO bets 57 BB, fold

CO wins 57 BB

Its important that you put your opponent on a range preflop. This guy could have flopped a set of 9s 5s or even As. He could also have flopped 2 pair or turned 2 pair. He could also have turned a straight.

I would have folded the turn to a raise. Mabye that makes me too tight, but its better than getting stacked. If i had to guess his hand, i would put him on a set of 5s here. Pocket 9s and AA would re raise preflop. Pocket 5s would just call your raise. Another strong possibility here is that he had As 5s