Too many bad players at a table.

C

Cstarker27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question, wanna know what you think? Is it possible to have too many donks in one game make it ALMOST impossible to win at that game?.... I think so.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel you there, if there are too many players that have no clue it is a lot harder to make "intelligent" plays. I just try to think back at my lucky days when I didn't have a clue.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Old folks have a saying for your case:

"If you can't beat them - join them"

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching how to understand this expression. Bad players can be those who constantly make all in, for me this is a bad player, it makes me angry. And if I look at it that way, I'm still interested in playing, I'll still win!:icon_rabb

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Question, wanna know what you think? Is it possible to have too many donks in one game make it ALMOST impossible to win at that game?.... I think so.
It depends on what game you're playing . If Freeroll the stupid there lack . It's hard to play against them there . Usually they have only 2 buttons-all-n and fold !:stoned::D If the money is there, little stupid ! :eek::D:D:D

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No it's not possible. It's like saying, I can't run my business because I have too many customers and I can't possibly serve them all.

Adapt and be frustrated, and be very profitable.

Just a side note, that adapt part is quite hard, but doable.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the problem with freerolls even good players play different and "take a chance" if a buy in was involved the good player would play better.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No.. That is exactly what you want.. I mean standard ABC poker wins against bad players. If you don't want to play against bad players send them over to me.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you rather play at a table full of players better than you? I'll take the bad players anytime, just bide your time and take them down one at a time. If you find yourself at a table with no bad players at all, doesn't that make you the bad player?:D

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it makes in bingo. But just have to play super tight and pick your spots.

Its better than All Pros that Make you the Donk to them...lol

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand what you are saying.

It will increase variance and with some players it can be damn near impossible to hand read. When I am faced with a table like this I tend to play very passive until I am holding the nuts.

C

Cstarker27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you rather play at a table full of players better than you? I'll take the bad players anytime, just bide your time and take them down one at a time. If you find yourself at a table with no bad players at all, doesn't that make you the bad player?:D

I would actually want to be at a table where everyone is better than me... sure I’ll lose in the beginning but eventually I’ll get better, and eventually I won’t be the worst player. In fact if I could play higher limits than $5/10 I would, and I would lose, and I’d be okay with that as long as I’m learning. But I don’t have a bankroll to play bigger.
Look I very seldom play $1/2 anymore as this is where you can see (on average) an entire table of donks. But every once in a while I do play $1/2 if there isn’t a bigger game, and it’s always a reminder of why I have no patience to play these stakes. Hell, I’m not frustrated or even upset when someone catches a 1 or 2 outers on me at these stakes to scoop a pot, because I understand that they don’t know what they are doing and they are there to gamble not to play poker. My hole question was just to see what people think when they sit down at a table like this. Just for conversation sake.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it, just got to be patient and they will give their money to you at some point

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I find playing postflop in position against bad players to be the best way of dealing with them. Furthermore, against calling stations you want to bet for thin value like crazy as even your mediocre holdings typically beat most of what your opponent likely has.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one will respond to your play. Just play as tight as you can, wait for a hand and play it. You can use some situations like to attack bb from sb if no one called or raised before that and such.

stackedmegaman

stackedmegaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean...
makes me think about folding AA preflop, to a guy shoving over and over.
punk will most likely get lucky.
i always say, its not the best wins that make it to FT , its the best folds.
GL

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...the more [ bad ] players the better..you should win out in the end.....thanks darrell

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the presence of bad players is on hand. If you play against them carefully, you can use the bad game of the opponents.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not only skill is a game of luck is an intuition prediction game avaces if we have an idea that we are going to lose because the way we make a move the opponent we assume that I match the color or the ladder I have seen many good players with strategies without premium cards make a pot and categorize bad players that is why you all have different types of games and supertitions at the time of playing do not judge or criticize any if there are players who play for playing and make poker a heavy game but it is easy to detect them and put them in a situation where you will get out of them quickly but not always but most are gamblers with a plan and a strategy:thefinger

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not only skill is a game of luck is an intuition prediction game avaces if we have an idea that we are going to lose because the way we make a move the opponent we assume that I match the color or the ladder I have seen many good players with strategies without premium cards make a pot and categorize bad players that is why you all have different types of games and supertitions at the time of playing do not judge or criticize any if there are players who play for playing and make poker a heavy game but it is easy to detect them and put them in a situation where you will get out of them quickly but not always but most are gamblers with a plan and a strategy:thefinger

Finally....someone that makes sense. If someone (like me) joined a club and read these posts you would be left feeling like apparently anytime you win a hand you'll be screamed at as a donk or worse cussed out (Even when you say nice hand?)

95% of the people here will not make a living playing poker.

100% of the people here have played the exact hands they yell at others about...even in the same game

There are soooo many ways to plays. So many variables to consider that even posting that somehow there is only one way to play a particular hand is silly...

In another club I was in (Dice game so even wilder randomness) we set up a bad beat thread for the WINNER to post because it helps people see that yeah...it sucks to lose a hand your ahead in...but that's all it is. You were ahead in a game where all the cards had yet to be seen. You also win as many as you lose. Just last night I went all in with 3 Aces against a "Good or well known" player and he drew K/Q and his straight beat me. Is he a donk? Or worse? Should I have cussed him out?

You play the odds you win more than you lose. You EXCLUSIVELY play the odds you will probably win more than you lose but you won't always win because the odds don't always happen.

Finally....go ahead and call me any name you want...your playing at a free roll or small stakes table. I have a style, very different than conservative players....yet it works for me. Sure I play myself out of tourneys but as the stakes increase my game does too. Cuss me out for playing the same hand you do 3 deals later...its fine.

Maybe people at tables should realize the other players are not there to play their cards he exact same way you would. They are their to play their own way. As my buddies used to say

"You play your cards, I'll play mine."

Also, this is a hobby for me and the vast majority of people here. Fun...if your sweating losing in free rolls and low stakes then invest your money in $100 games and take your chances. It will crack me up to the end of my days the whining I see in free rolls and the ease with which people think they are the pro's.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are bunch of them on limit $0.25 and $2.2. Even more than in $0.10 tourneys or freerolls...
the more [ bad ] players the better..you should win out in the end.....
No you can beat 1-2 bad players but if full table of them they will beat you.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad players are full, though I play mostly freerolls, so it is difficult to judge the total weight, those who play tournaments in a million can there is another field, but freerolls is kapets! At least yesterday in the cardchat Freeroll I went all-in with AJo against me exhibited a player with a stack 2 times large, with a hand Q10o and he beat me! Although in all the books that the player meets the all-in must have a BETTER hand than the one who put first! And tell me, with what hand should I go to all-in to be answered by a person with Q10o???

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love bad players at my table. Be patient and play my game and take their money.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more bad players the better...
if you cant beat bad people how
will you beat good players?

will there be more bad beats when
you play against loose beginners?
of course, but you can also win significantly