Time to move up the stakes

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
I've been playing poker for some months now in microstakes cash games. When I'm playing there I've been doing well and most days I end with profit,I would say about 0,8$ per hour on average (2NL & 2 tables).
However I am getting bored easily not in the game but in the small profit per hour which I imagine is good as it is equal to 40bb/hour.
So after a few days of positive sessions but a small amount of profit since I am playing in 2NL I get frustrated and either go to very high stakes where my bankroll can't support 2 bad hands in a row either I try sit&go hero where I most likely lose my money.

My question is, how many buy ins do I need to move up the stakes assuming I keep an average 30-40bb/hour wins in 2NL.

Any other insights you have about a player trying to move up the stakes would be also appreciated.

PS1. My goal is at some point to be making 3$/hour, in which stakes is that possible as a decent player?

PS2. If I add more than 2 tables I feel I can't play as well as I don't pay the same attention in the hands. Moreover, I enjoy the game and with more tables I feel it is more automatic.

Thank you in advance.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 40 limit buyins, I try to play no more than 2 tables, but I play zoom. When I understand the trend of the game on the limit I try to play more tables. When losing 5-7 buy-ins, I return to the limit below. I prefer a more automatic game. If I get bored, I play turbo tournaments. How many hands do you play per hour?

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize, it was my first post I didn't make some things clear. I play 2NL with ante. It is a different kind of game but I have noticed it attracts many fishes who play 80% of the hands and with a solid play I have a decent win ratio. I play around 120 hands per hour. I have read about the 40buy ins amount but my main concern is that in 5NL ante remains the same and I am afraid it will end up being a much different game .

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To earn $ 3 per hour you need a bankroll of at least $ 120. It is very difficult to start playing with several buy-ins. I started with freerolls and played NL2 (without ante) for 8k hands per day. For the month earned $ 200 and started playing NL5. How much can you earn per hour on microlimits very individually. Good luck at the tables and in life.:)

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, just to be clear. You think 2 tabling 5NL with ante with slid play I could earn 3$/hour?

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no. $ 1.5 is the maximum. It is necessary to increase the number of tables or limit. But I would be happy to make a mistake.

C

Cbob1195

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are winning at those tables maybe take a little attempt at the next level up. but if you get turned over go back to where you started, don't try and keep going higher. Just simply keep playing each level until your bankroll says otherwise

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not necessary to have 40 buy-ins to play on nl5, if you feel that you are hitting this limit. You play only 2 tables and you can try with 20-25 buy-ins with a stop-loss of 5 buy-ins.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of tables open is not necessary,because it is a 2 hares,you will catch neither.

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm agree that small proffit are boring and the time you spend could give you more income. In small buy ins torunamnets are to many fishs who calls you with s#$*t hand to your monster hand (and they win) So i do practice/learning and go to tournaments ~0,5/1$ or bigger. Goog luck to you ! ��

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the most MTT tournaments, as the bay is small and the prizes are good. At cash tables, you prefer to sit on 4-5 tables and play in a more enhanced mode, and then your bankroll will increase.
Good luck at the tables.

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The problems with tournaments is that if you want to reach the latest stages you need 4-5 hours of playing.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, try to find out why do you bored after won 0,80 cents per hour. If, for whatever reason this is related to buy-in raise the level.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the poster above on not necessarily needing 40 buyins. 20-25 is about right, and you can always move back down if you lose a couple buyins in a row or simply feel overmatched.