Is there a skill-gap in the different Poker sites?

O

OloMeister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
I have transitioned from playing Tournaments to mainly playing cash. For now I'm playing 5NL and I wondered if there is a skill-gap between the different online poker sites? Like for example PokerStarts and partypoker. I ask because I have quite a big difference in profit between those both sites and so I wondered if it was because of the competition, or just random swings because of the small sample size ( I have played only 10k hands on pokerstars and 3k on Partypoker ).
My second question would be, I there is a skill-gap between those sites, should I play on the one with tougher competition ( as I just want to improve and am not looking at profits ) or play the the easier site?

I would like to hear from people who play on 2 or more sites and appreciate any comments.
Thanks!

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, welcome and thanks for your question. Yes is the short answer to this. Every site you play on will have a different texture of strong to weak players. It is widely recognised that the Sports betting related sites tend to be the softest. E.g. Any Poker platform on the iPoker network which offers Poker to punters. Such as Ladrokes, william hill, PaddyPower, Bedfred, betfair etc etc. These Poker tables contain a large number of gamblers who treat Poker the same way they treat roulette and blackjack. They're just there to have fun. So in that case you will have a large Skill gap which is in your favour if you are a serious studying player. I play on Pokerstars and the iPoker network as they have some of the biggest traffic. I play on the Stars network so that I face tough competition and become a skilled player. But I also play on iPoker so that I can also have a higher winrate and build my bankroll. So I think you should have an account on a weak site and a strong site and play on both. Good luck.

R

O

OloMeister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the helpful response! Yeah, playing on 2 sites seems like a good idea to balance improving and profiting.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, welcome and thanks for your question. Yes is the short answer to this. Every site you play on will have a different texture of strong to weak players. It is widely recognised that the Sports betting related sites tend to be the softest. E.g. Any Poker platform on the iPoker network which offers Poker to punters. Such as Ladrokes, William Hill, PaddyPower, Bedfred, Betfair etc etc. These Poker tables contain a large number of gamblers who treat Poker the same way they treat roulette and blackjack. They're just there to have fun. So in that case you will have a large Skill gap which is in your favour if you are a serious studying player. I play on Pokerstars and the iPoker network as they have some of the biggest traffic. I play on the Stars network so that I face tough competition and become a skilled player. But I also play on iPoker so that I can also have a higher winrate and build my bankroll. So I think you should have an account on a weak site and a strong site and play on both. Good luck.

R
Yes I agree with all.
Most microstakes on all sites the player pool is soft