A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Had a little success playing tourneys in the beginning of the year but now i am just running bad. I know you run bad in cash games but i have this theory that when i run bad in tournaments i play rather cash and here is why.

I win in a tourneys like 5-8 hands and have a stack and then get sucked out on and loose all my chips in a ak vs ajs sort of hand or get no cards and don't cash. Were if it was in a cash game i would only lost 1 buy in and won 5 hands were in a tourney or sng i win nothing. I know i could of only won small pots but at least i would be winning.

I know it's not so cut and dry but i feel it's better than loosing as i almost lost half my bankroll by what i feel is running bad like the example i gave there.

I also have this theory that when i run bad i play less and learn more to keep the downswings to a minimum.

I have won a tourney and lost $200 so i have about $300 as a bankroll left and want to know were should i start as a cash game player.

Have played $2 NL and had success but want to start higher. So at what level should i start with for a $300 bankroll. Also looking for a great cash game site? pokerstars is a good one but i want to play more vs bad players so what other sites do you recommend and must have reasonable traffic on Est time??

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No comments.

Please somebody comment something

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would start at 2nl again and get back into it from there. Make sure you are comfortably beating it for a few weeks then move up to 4nl. Some would say you are rolled for 10nl (though imo you would be better off with 50bi). Having a roll for 10nl and jumping right in might seem the best idea, but its more important that you are beating the lower games first.

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As above I would recommend at least 10K hands at 2NL and start to review hands and plug leaks at the lower stakes. If you finish the 10K with a decent win rate then same again for 5NL.

You are definitely rolled for 5NL now but I would still start at 2NL. I used quite an aggressive bankroll strategy when climbing through the stakes (40BI + 4BI in the next level before taking shots) so at $240 I was taking shots at 10NL. That being said however I had a decent sample, solid win rate, was reviewing hands regularly and studying off the felt and it still took me 3 shot attempts before I was playing 10NL comfortably.

If you want any help reviewing hands, graphs or stats etc post them up here, there is plenty of people willing to help and it is one of the best ways to learn and develop as your progress through the stakes.

As for sites I have used a few and stars is definitely my favourite. Constant traffic, still plenty of recreational players or bad regs, learn faster and the software is far superior to anywhere else. Just my opinion though.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all your replies.

10k hands wow that's allot of hand at 2 nl but i see you have to work hard and to integrate it in my game.

Will try to do my best
Thanks

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, dude! I very understand this when you won big money in tourney and then lost it in cash games! So, now in proses when I wont minimise this loose. I try find the way when I will won tourney and won cash.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep going to playing mtt. Nowadays it is more simple and profitable tha cash. To big rivalry and much more skill needed

T

Twalkz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT does seem to be getting popular. Most likely due to streamers