Texas Holdem and Omaha are the same strategy!

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you play Texas Holdem with the same strategy as Omaha ?. In my case I play the modalities with different strategies.

What is your strategy for these modalities!

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play omaha I dont like it and never studied it never will.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course not. It's a different game

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion they are not the same strategy. Despite being a very similar game, I believe that a player adopts different strategies for both.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course not. It's a different game

But if you can change the strategy because it is not the same to receive two cards than to receive four, the strategy can change the easiest to link a strong hand with two of the four that deliver in Omaha.

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you play football according to the rules of basketball and use the strategy of baseball in hockey? This is my answer to the question.

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has a totally feel for me.
Tried a few of the freerolls but busted out way quicker than I would in a typical Hold em tourney.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has a totally feel for me.
Tried a few of the freerolls but busted out way quicker than I would in a typical Hold em tourney.

If the Omaha mode is more dangerous because there are 5 cards, it is much easier to link a very strong hand.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you play Texas Holdem with the same strategy as Omaha ?. In my case I play the modalities with different strategies.

No way!

In Omaha I'm almost always checking back the flop when in position to control the pot size.

Too many hands can get there on the turn and river that I can't bet enough to get them to fold the flop. So I check and read the board and player behavior.

Then on the turn I am betting or raising strong draws like wraps and nut flush draws.

Good luck !

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No way!

In Omaha I'm almost always checking back the flop when in position to control the pot size.

Too many hands can get there on the turn and river that I can't bet enough to get them to fold the flop. So I check and read the board and player behavior.

Then on the turn I am betting or raising strong draws like wraps and nut flush draws.

Good luck !

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way!

Good luck !

It is very true that it is very difficult to make your opponents fold, it is a bit awkward when playing with betting limits.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are completely different games! So it's bad idea if you have the same strategy

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha, I've got to have a pair in my hand I never entertain the idea of shoving an all in. Position doesn't matter to me either and I never play the PL. Hold'em whole different mindset when I play because only 2 cards in my hand and I have to consider position,stacksize, style of play by the other players and of course what cards I'm holding again here no PL

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Omaha has much more maths,and the next step is not so risky.

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always approached omaha and NL Hold em as the same strategy, But its much different when you take Hi/Lo into consideration.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play Omaha as such. But as per my understanding equities run more close pre flop in Omaha. They are very different to each other.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theoretically yes, but in omaha practice it is harder because certain hands have to fold more often.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In post-flop hold'em, a made hand will usually be a strong favorite against a draw (except when a flush draw with two overcards is playing against one pair). In Omaha, it is possible for a draw to be more than 70% a favorite after the flop against a strong made hand like trips.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules