TELL ME WHAT U THINKI

C

cparr1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Earlier I was playing a tour...was down to 34 people...I was already in the money...was only something like .65 cent...
I had pocket 7's...I raised the big blind...only had one caller
what falls
3, 7, K...no possible flush at this time...so I bet...pretty happy at this moment I have trip 7's...
he calls
next card A....I bet....he goes all in...so I call...thinking what in the world could this guy have...
he shows AK....well I am pretty happy at this point cause I have him beat...then the river card comes...........A FREAKING KING.....gives him a boat.........So tell me what do you think?
How did I play this hand? BAD or GOOD? Any suggestions?
LET ME KNOW I REALLY WANT TO HEAR YOUR INPUT!!!!!
TY TY TY

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much did you bet?

Otherwise, you had him coolered and he caught up (I hate to call it lucky, because he was unlucky to be in such bad shape to begin with).

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all the money was goin in any way u play it my cooler of the day was i flopped set of 4s villin had set of 7s oh well thats poker

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not enough info. do you have the hand history?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While as mentioned I can't comment on whether you played good or bad without more details, but you acheived the ultimate goal. You got your money in the pot when you were ahead. He was drawing to 4 outs, the equivalent of a gut shot. That's what you want. Maybe you made a mistake or 2, but in this specific instance there's really not much you can do. Even if you go to the river, you're probably putting all your money in with 7s full of aces, you have no way to know he has the aces full of kings. Again depends on the circumstances though. No one can really comment without more details.

Poker Tells