Tactics

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play 6 max fishy cash game?? People there limp every hand (at least 4/6), most tend to pay even 5bb raise with hands like J2s... I have feeling that i am not making enough profit... I i play TAG i lose some good hands, and if i play more its a luck game... How do you think is best to play those type of games??

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they are willing to play a lot of hands and call you with weak hands, then play a little tight against them and you will get more profit.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Narrow your hand range and continue TAG))

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tight and agressive play is the best way to win this fishes

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a book on strategy my man, maybe watch some doug polk. Poker is super complicated and you can't really boil it down to: "Oh fish usually always have it so just bluff a ton and fold when you get raised."

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is natural to adjust your game to a given type of table and players. Not everywhere pure tactics of TAG helps you to combine and create your own game. But naturally, you can't argue against luck and RNG. My advice is only general, you need to reconsider your views on this limit and your opponents.
Successful game to you.

Last edited:
I

itsallgoodie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play narrower range and you will be fine. For me Apps like poker tracker (on computer) and poker odds scanner(iOS App to be used when playing on another screen), usually work very well in combination with each other.
I’ve made more money since I’ve started using both and I am getting a better understanding of which hands my opponents have and which ones should I play versus players like that.

P

purplerain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have problem with those games. It's like we are not playing a same game, maybe it is me but I usually play fine poker and make some profit except in those games.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stick with it, long-run..

If you're playing TAG, solid poker against the fish farm, and it's not quite working, don't fight your instincts. In the long-run, the house always wins, because they have long-run laws of probability on their side.

Poker is the same way. We have all played correctly, and fish break through and steal hands here and there; nothing you can do about it. That doesn't mean you should play stupidly and rely on luck; that's not real poker.
You play TAG because it works for you and your style. You appear to be a solid player, trying to improve your game. Your game isn't broken, it doesn't need to be fixed. Easy to say, "think long-run, stick with the odds, the good cards..", when a fish gets lucky and defies the odds, though.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to adapt to your opponents, if it doesn't work, change the table, maybe they will exploit you?

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tighten up. Wait for a good hand. If they're calling every bet, then you're not winning unless you have the best hand.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi
There is fish at any limit.
The main thing is to stick to a tight-aggressive style and you will not be afraid of anp limps. As they say, cash gives like MTT at a distance

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very simple to play. Play only for value. If the whole table limps and calls with junk, just wait for the hand and play all-in. You should be happy to be called by J2.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tighten up. Wait for a good hand. If they're calling every bet, then you're not winning unless you have the best hand.

Sounds pretty simple, but I totally agree. Find out their tendencies - do they tend to overcall with 3rd pair on draw heavy boards? Do they call regardless of your sizing?

Pick up their tendencies, play tight, solid poker and when you make your big hands, you punish them for their passivity.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this was bumped all of the sudden I'll give my two cents.

In addition to the adjustments suggested by earlier replies, in games that go multiway often you should:
  1. play more marginal suited hands (Axs, Kxs, suited connectors and gappers)
  2. Play less weak broadways (KJo, QJo, ATo etc)
The former set of hands play very well multiway. The implied odds of hitting it big increases (more people and more calling stations equal an increased likelihood you'll get paid).

The latter set of hands play very badly multiway. More people in the hand increases the probability that you're dominated even if you flop top pair. i.e. these hands have reversed implied odds.

Don't go overboard with adjustments though. You don't want to get exploited yourself. Take your open ranges as a baseline and see where you can tweak the range to include more suited kings and suited connectors. Even small adjustments will increase your win rate against this player pool while being difficult for regs to pick up on.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better not to play such games. I always lost money in such games, so I stopped playing them. I prefer tournaments and now my bankroll is only growing.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better not to play such games. I always lost money in such games, so I stopped playing them. I prefer tournaments and now my bankroll is only growing.
It is not that this cash game is bad it's just you need to find your type of games that you like. You found yours and now growing your bankroll :)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play 6 max fishy cash game?? People there limp every hand (at least 4/6), most tend to pay even 5bb raise with hands like J2s... I have feeling that i am not making enough profit... I i play TAG i lose some good hands, and if i play more its a luck game... How do you think is best to play those type of games??

Yes it's quite difficult to play when there's no fold equity. You HAVE to make a hand to win. When you are not running good, it's hard to win.

Today at a 9 handed 10NL I had JJ on bb and there were 6 limpers. I raised to 10xbb, and five of them called. Next time at a table like that I am just gonna shove and pray enough of them fold to make it a threeway at most.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider your game selection but it does make it very difficult when nobody seems to fold so you always find yourself multiway with just one over pair then add running bad and it's super frustrating just keep grinding bro playing good starting hands will get the money in the long run.