Table strategy

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started playing for real money and I want to hear some of your guys' opinions on this.

Do you tend to sit at one table(pretend you dont multitable) for a long time to grind or do you jump around when you make a certain amount?

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay at a table as long as it still has fish and is a good table compared to others until I quit.

Now say I have 20 buy ins and I triple up on a table and someone else has as well, then I probably leave as I dont want to be playing with 15% of my BR in a hand. Other than that just play until you think all the bad players are gone.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Keep playing on the table for as long as you feel it can or will be profitable for you.
If you're choosing to play 'short-stack' poker, buying in for the min. and looking to get it allin pre or on the flop, & limiting your range for doing so (or something along those lines... you know.. shortstack bingo... (works well for some... the ones who are good at it) ) then I'd consider getting up and leaving after you triple up or whatever. Unless of course you're also familiar and adept at playing deepstack poker.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing on the table for as long as you feel it can or will be profitable for you.
If you're choosing to play 'short-stack' poker, buying in for the min. and looking to get it allin pre or on the flop, & limiting your range for doing so (or something along those lines... you know.. shortstack bingo... (works well for some... the ones who are good at it) ) then I'd consider getting up and leaving after you triple up or whatever. Unless of course you're also familiar and adept at playing deepstack poker.

pretty much word for word what I would say.
I like to play until I start losing money. I've done the short-stack play many times and its fun but really pisses people off because most already know what your up to when you sit in with the minimum lol

nutshooter

nutshooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually focus on one game at a time. Sit n goes are easy to make money off of. When you start playing cash games and bring up 4 tables at a time, you often don't have enough time to calculate/get a feel for the hands and players. If you play on Full Tilt, they do whats called a "matrix". Its the same players at 4 tables in a sit n go. you make money on how well you play and what place you finish in at each table. This could help you decide whether or not to play multiple tables at the same time.

J

jeffturner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep sitting there till the other person is in your trap. When the things are out of your reach just make a move.