Super-soft PLO table with world's worst plo player...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Directly to my left. People keep calling me down with inferior hands + I have plenty of wiggle room for limping or raising...

Problem. I sat with 60c and it's at over $4.65 right now. 1c/2c, but I haven't much loot overall because I just started with $2 from a freeroll and lost some at a table where someone managed to amass over $1k at a $4 max buy-in table. It was fine until they left then all hell broke loose. Anyway, tried again right after and now I'm in a pickle.

I mean it's a really great table. Proper br management rules mean I should get the heck out, but it's such a good table.

So what would you do? Behave yourself realizing u haven't much of a br in the first place or stay?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay and set a limit of how much of a loss is your key to leave. I have been in similar situations where the fishing is so good you don't want to leave.

I usually play @ $25 tables of NLO/8 or PLO/8. If the table is that good I will set myself a time to leave of either 4 or 5 X my buyin. But if I am able to make that within the first half hour of sitting down then I will stay and set myself a stop loss of going down to 3X my buyin.

Sometimes you just know the table has cooled and if you stay in hopes of getting it going again you're going to get burned.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks bubbasbestbabe. That's pretty much what I did. Left with $2.50. After I got in a betting frenzy with the dummy end of a straight + called the world's worst with a not so great flush, I figured it was time to cut my losses. I wouldn't have called anyone else with my seriously crappy flush though, it's just that this particular guy was totally clueless and rebought several times already to help prove it.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get at a table like this you really need to tighten up your play. You get tempted to start chasing with minimal hands because you know these fish are willing to go at anything. If you tighten up your play they still will go at you but you have the better chance to skin them.

There is a quote in Jeff Hwang's book that fits when playing these tables. It goes something like this, "Bad PLO players will find any excuse to call a bet with any hand". These fish will always hand you their money. You just need to make sure you accommodate them and have good starting hands.