JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game is live 2/5 and I am on CO with
:5c4::6c4: And raise to $15
BTN calls and BB calls

BTN is unknown as he has only played for about 10mins. He sat with a full stack and waited before posting his BB. That is the only info I have on him at the moment.

BB is a rec player who probably plays home games and gambles for fun. He had been limping and calling a lot and left a lot of dead money around the table but did play some hands kind of aggressive but never got to show down so no real reads on what he's up to with aggression.

Flop comes :4c4::8s4::kc4:
So we flop a straight draw and a flush draw.

BB now decides to Donk bet $28.

I decide to re raise to around $110
(Views on this line?)

I usually prefer to play draws like this aggro but not sure about it in this spot?

BTN calls and BB calls.

We brick the turn with a :2h4:
And BB donks into us again with $200ish

Hero???

Also just wondering what your play is here with this line if BB doesn't donk turn and checks to us?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game is live 2/5 and I am on CO with
:5c4::6c4: And raise to $15
BTN calls and BB calls

BTN is unknown as he has only played for about 10mins. He sat with a full stack and waited before posting his BB. That is the only info I have on him at the moment.

BB is a rec player who probably plays home games and gambles for fun. He had been limping and calling a lot and left a lot of dead money around the table but did play some hands kind of aggressive but never got to show down so no real reads on what he's up to with aggression.

Flop comes :4c4::8s4::kc4:
So we flop a straight draw and a flush draw.

BB now decides to Donk bet $28.

I decide to re raise to around $110
(Views on this line?)

I usually prefer to play draws like this aggro but not sure about it in this spot?

BTN calls and BB calls.

We brick the turn with a :2h4:
And BB donks into us again with $200ish

Hero???

Also just wondering what your play is here with this line if BB doesn't donk turn and checks to us?

I'm fine with the raise after DB and when we brick the turn I'm folding most of the time. if BB doesn't donk turn I check back and go for value if we bink river fold if we miss.

J

JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What ranges are we putting villains on here??

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ranges are we putting villains on here??

I mean that's the tough spot. Rec players are hard to gauge. They can turn over ATC lol

I feel like pre he's defending ATC because In their mind.. it's only $10 more to call, so not much narrowing down here..

I mean maybe you can take out absolute bottom of the range..

Rec player is normally leading (as donk bet) hitting the board so you can narrow down in my mind to some sort of pair and FD all the way up to two pair or bottom set. In most cases I feel like their donk bet here is to do one of two things either protect against your aggression so one pair FD hands or smashed the board and knows you will be confused by the DB and possibly raise him. (2 pair or or bottom set.) all of which you're beat however you have enough equity on flop to put in that raise and tons of implied odds if you hit.

On the turn all that goes out the window when you brick and Villain is still DB leading. I could be off on this assumption but this is just how I see it in my mind.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with that kind of draw on the flop and the button to act behind me, I'm calling not raising. why do I want this to be over? why do I want the donk bet on the turn to be so large as to shut me out of a call and a look at the river. I want to see cards as cheap as possible with everyone along for the ride making their two pair as I hit my straight or flush. Semi-bluffing to take it down on the flop might be an idea vs one tight player who is going to fold his AK or whatever. but vs 2 players with a big draw for me, Im calling not raising, keeping the pot odds in my favor as much as possible.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was re-reading this, who was the effective stack in this hand and how much did the effective stack have? I was assuming ya'll were both pretty deep because that is how most 2/5 games I play are.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a mediocre draw objectively. Like a coin flip percentages. Donk bet means he has something like top two or bottom set can't wait to bet. Probably scared of flush draws. You can't fold it though because it is cash an you have 6 to 8% edge...i'd call flop fold turn...assuming ur flush draw outs are not dirty and you are covered by FH draw. It does

Last edited:
Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, when BB makes a 28$ bet on the flop it really is not a donk bet, I mean 28 into 47 is a bit on the high end but standard in live cash games.
You re-raise is ok, but a call there is also fine for a bit of protection, and not to make the pot too big.
Also, I would prefer to call the flop, because if you hit any of your draws, cause you also have a gut shot, you will have the best hand most of the time, and you don't want to chase off the BTN with a huge re-raise.
Let's also say that V1 has AK, and V2 has set of 8s, you are round 35% favourite to win if you hit a draw, and you need to pay 28 to win 75 which is mathematically close.
The turn is not a real brick, it gives you even more outs, so now you have double gutter and a FD.
The way you played, probably a fold, because it is less likely SB is bluffing, considering both you and BTN called.
In case you just called the flop, then call the turn, evaluate on the river. With this line, you would lose almost the same as you did with a 110$ re-raise but you would get to see the river.

J

JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, when BB makes a 28$ bet on the flop it really is not a donk bet, I mean 28 into 47 is a bit on the high end but standard in live cash games.

Donk bet as in betting into the pre flop raiser, not Donk as in bad play

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk bet as in betting into the pre flop raiser, not Donk as in bad play

I understood the first time too, however, there are too many forum users who are thinking of the other version, solely for the purpose of understanding did I "corrected" although there was nothing to correct :)

Did you eventually made the correct decision on the turn?

J

JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I folded turn here but I completely agree in this position calling flop probably would be the better line as I am much more likely to be able to get to the river.
BB raise call flop and lead out on the turn looked like a made hand to me (pairs, two pairs, possible trips?, possibly nutted flush draws but less likely IMO).

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I folded turn here but I completely agree in this position calling flop probably would be the better line as I am much more likely to be able to get to the river.
BB raise call flop and lead out on the turn looked like a made hand to me (pairs, two pairs, possible trips?, possibly nutted flush draws but less likely IMO).

I think this line that was quoted!!

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sorry but what are the stack sizes? if we are super deep i might just call and play rivers, if thats like an all in to you i would fold, and if we're somewhat deep you could even try to jam and fold out his Kx that he is trying to protect which i assume is most of his range in this spot.

Full Flush Poker