One-Suit Connectors..

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, good day to you all! :D

The last post was about small pairs and it was very useful, now let's talk about single-handed connectors. Is it worth playing them and in what stacks? I wonder if they would be good in low-limit cash games, for example, to steal blinds? And also what is the strategy of playing with them? :rolleyes:

Don't be silent, let's have a discussion! Thank you all in advance! :)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another great topic I would love to learn more about how people play them. For me, it's face card suited connectors I play most, usually with a raise, but I don't tend to play the lower cards unless I'm in a decent position to limp in.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Connectors are definitely a promising option, but you need to be able to use them properly, taking into account many related factors. I only play in tournaments, and with the connectors, I take into account my position at the table in the first place as a decisive factor.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Suited connectors have a good payout possibility, depending on the player's position in the hand, how many other players have entered the pot, and the strength of the cards (eg.; QJs vs 43s). With a raise ahead, the lower connected cards are probably not a good option.
Naturally, the situation for playing or not playing them has many other factors:
- tournament or cash game
- stack sizes
- bubble or not
- read on opponent(s)
- playing style (aggressive vs passive)
Ah yes, such a simple decision. haha

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play with them only in multipot!

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of my favorite hands, very playable and strong, everyone plays them in their own way at the discretion of the strength of the cards

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am not a big fan of small and middle connectors, suited and off suited. But I would play them if the price is right and if I have a big stack.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I like playinng them in position and if I am getting good odds. Usually if you hit, they will be disguised and might get a big pot.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in general I don't play unsuited cards actually, they take up a good part of my range, I think you can open some positions with offsuited cards but there's not much advantage in that:D:D:cool:

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes love connectors
In cash games

In late position I like suited connectors
But I take non suited connectors as hitting the right suit on the flop is tough. Also I tend to bet on a heavy suited board to fishes who want to chase
So definitely non suited connects are premium to me
I love one gappers too cause the board is well hidden for this
I feel AK not suited is over played in cash games. It’s a great tournament hand
Any Ax suited is my next choice
Low pairs I feel is over played in cash games too
There not much money with holding pairs unless turn into set/boat

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Entering suited connectors for the right price and hitting with them earns you a lot of chips

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are charts of starting hands in the public domain, there are suited connectors in a raise call with 100bb stacks,

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in live poker, is so hot playing with him