Submitted for your approval (A Joose LAG session)

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good stuff man. You're one annoying dude when you're trying to be. That's awesome, you had everyone pissed at you. "This is like Jurassic park and I am the TRex." Ha, funny stuff.

I am not the best LAG for extended periods, but that looks like a lot of fun.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever. just keep overshoving.

W

wreckoning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mo'Pete666 said, "ur a freak"
joosebucklol said, "pete"
joosebucklol said, "what are you thinking"
joosebucklol said, "this is like jurassic park"
joosebucklol said, "and im the T rex"
Mo'Pete666 said, "lol"
joosebucklol said, "why on earth do you want to draw attention t oyourself"
joosebucklol said, "you just moved dude"
joosebucklol said, "ur not a plant anymore"

Ok that is some seriously funny stuff. That being said there are some big drawbacks.

1)You're taking a lot of risks setting up your table image, given: but it's an image that may not last long in an online cash game where players are free - and likely - to come and go.

2) You also have to put in a lot of focus on your players, so doing multi-table becomes very difficult or impossible. You may have more success toning down your style but playing more tables.

I think the style might have more value in a rebuy tournament? Where the image you paid for is going to last a little longer. Or a cash game of a higher limit where stacks and trap payoffs are greater.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1)You're taking a lot of risks setting up your table image, given: but it's an image that may not last long in an online cash game where players are free - and likely - to come and go.

yeah, that happens frequently. and pisses me off. comes with the territory, though. trying to make LAG a more regular thing for me. today sucked :) down a couple buyins after 2 bad beats and 2 hit and runs. i gave up after giving the table action for almost 2 hours and only getting to trap two people made it not worth it. if the table doesnt open up with you within a half hour or so, i'd say drop the table and move.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bump; because a lot of new cc'ers never saw it!

thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the table talk really increase your proffits, or do you just find it to be fun?

The main problem with playing LAG is that people notice really fast and start playing back, which is sometimes good because they're bad at it and do it OOP and with cards they shouldn't but pissing off the whole table seems suicidal, just annoy the guys on your right by raising them all of the time and stay out of the way of people on your left (unless you're on the button) and try to keep them from playing back at you.
If I'm raising rags, I'm certainly not trying to convince people that I'm raising rags.

As for anti-lag approaches, just raise them IP. Just calling gives them equity with a lot of hands they'll dump without a second thought. ATC usually have 30% or more equity against you pre-flop and post-flop half of the deck are scare cards when you're against a wide range, letting them see cards for free is bad unless they're likely to spew post flop. Overshoving is good, because he'll basically never have a hand but you're putting more money out there than you need to in order to get the job done and if you do it a couple of times he'll call wide, just kill their implied odds and they'll go away and it doesn't take much to do that. You also have to contend with the rest of the table catching cards, if you overshove.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You still playing any these days Joose ?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, TB. The newborn keeps me pretty busy, but I decided to try to build a bankroll from freerolls (at like $12 right now) since my bank wouldn't let me deposit and I couldn't find someone to trans me from paypal.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, TB. The newborn keeps me pretty busy, but I decided to try to build a bankroll from freerolls (at like $12 right now) since my bank wouldn't let me deposit and I couldn't find someone to trans me from paypal.

I hate being a smartass (not really actually) but if that strategy really worked, you'd be a millionaire now instead of building a bankroll from freerolls...

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won around $40k that year, withdrew it and started my own business. I'm sure I could find one person to vouch for my play, though.

On the other hand, who are you?

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won around $40k that year, withdrew it and started my own business. I'm sure I could find one person to vouch for my play, though.

On the other hand, who are you?

Someone that can make smartass comments as well! :D

Curious, why didn't you just withdraw say 39K and leave 1,000 for bankroll? Afraid it would consume you too much to focus on the business?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone that can make smartass comments as well! :D

Curious, why didn't you just withdraw say 39K and leave 1,000 for bankroll? Afraid it would consume you too much to focus on the business?

honestly?

i played poker for living for two years. it was ten times more stressful than any other job i have ever held. i made a conscious decision to -not- do it for the rest of my life. when i'm not playing with my longevity on the line i enjoy the game much more.

ps congrats on them highstakes 50nl games! any advice on becoming a millionaire from playing poker?!?!

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly?

i played poker for living for two years. it was ten times more stressful than any other job i have ever held. i made a conscious decision to -not- do it for the rest of my life. when i'm not playing with my longevity on the line i enjoy the game much more.

ps congrats on them highstakes 50nl games! any advice on becoming a millionaire from playing poker?!?!

Yes, don't go on tilt lol

That's what I want now too, win something to make an investment or two so I don't depend on it. I know I have ways to go to reach there, tho. Nice that you didn't get sucked in completely into the poker world, many do I hear...