Strange play that i've started seeing a lot...

l Love Beer

l Love Beer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether the pot is limped or raised pre-flop, i have been seeing someone lead out with a min-bet, get raised, call and then lead out with a min bet on 4th street as well. In most cases the postflop reraiser will usually shut down (excluding set or better of course) and just call the min bet on the turn, and again on the river. These hands have turned out differently, but the min better usually doesn't have more than a pair, and sometimes takes down the pot.
After seeing this strategy work, i think it may be a great way to reach a cheap showdown... Has anyone else seen/used this technique before? I usually laugh when i see a minbet on the flop after a raise or two pre, but this may be a tricky way to a cheap showdown... Thoughts?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same thing as checking except it makes you seem like a sillytard imo

I

Ihatecowboys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it looks more like a donk slowplay though, a godawful donk at that

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen players play this way but have never played this way myself.
I usually take advantage of those who use this play, If i get a chance to see a cheap flop with a small PP or suited connectors and the other player has hit the flop and I havn't and I know I have a lower pair than the board, but the other player just min-bets all the way down to the river, I will just usually call because I simply cannot pass up the odds I'm getting to chase and sometimes end up punishing the min-bettor.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed that it seems a lot of times that when they do this it's usually either a blocking bet for a cheap draw or a pocket pair that is below top pair on the flop that they are feeling out where they are. A good sized raise on the flop seems to take it down a decent portion of the time. When they call the flop raise and mindonk the turn again it seems they will almost never fold after that, they either have some kind of draw that they simply will not fold or are determined to take a stand against you.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see it in the CC freerolls. Mind you, those are the only freerolls I play so that might explain why it's only in CC ones.

As above, normally it's some kind of beginner blocking bet. I've also seen it as minbet, minbet, shove or bet pot, usually into a preflop raiser. The minbets are tests to see if you have something, then they assume you don't so they shove.

J

juddof poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some players do it with monsters and others do it weak take notes i do every time i see it

N

nick1usmc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen this play also, but I reraise it almost every time and most of the time I take down the pot.

T

teksmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It appears weak and most of the time they fold if you reraise to 1/2 the pot or better.