SS2: Lyle Berman's 'Killer Cards Chart'

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Supersystem 2's Pot Limit Omaha section, there is a 'killer cards chart' that was devised by the author of that part, Lyle Berman.
I can't post the actual chart for copyright reasons, so i'm gonna try and describe it:

1st column is Number of cards that hit hand going from 6-20
2nd column is Holdem: % success with two cards to come (45 cards unknown) with following numbers being between 25.2 and 69..7
3rd column is Omaha: % succuss with two cards to come (41 cards to come) and the same kind of numbers, but vary between 27.4 and 74.4
4th column is Subtracted value of each "killer" card with numbers 0.8 up to 2.4 by
5th through 13th column are seperate # of kill cards (1-7 and 8to10) all containing values, varying anywhere from 21.2 to 72.0

now the way he describes it, is that a killer card is basically an out
The only difference between the two is that with a killer card it's like your opponent already has a hand made and your out will kill his hand

so has anyone seen this chart or can anyone explain it to me?
my guess is that the values under each # of kill card are the % of your hand hitting with so many outs

he really doesnt describe it well in the book...or maybe im just a donk and dont understand

i'd really like to use the chart though as it looks really helpful

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody?
any input appreciated thks

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jeez it's depressing to read about all this stuff I know nothing about yet.
sorry Chuck haven't got to SS2 yet.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i know nothin about it either, kenz ;)
thats why im askin...im very interested in improving my PLOH game as it's such a volatile game that can be transfered into pure profits if you play the game right

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t have my copy with me here in Costa Rica. If you can hold out a couple of months I can respond when I get back.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Note - Costa Rica oooooooohhh :rolleyes::D:D:D

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since when did you head off to costa rica, grumble?
my buddy went on a trip there a while back said he loved it
have fun and i'll hold you on your response ;)

M

Mr. H of Kingston

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTs, I had the same issue when reading the chart. I agree, it is very poorly explained - I have no clue what 'subtracted value of each "killer" card' actually means, nor do I understand the left column (#of cards that hit hand) as it relates to the 1-10 kill cards columns on the right.
Someone rescue me from near total confusion.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTs, I had the same issue when reading the chart. I agree, it is very poorly explained - I have no clue what 'subtracted value of each "killer" card' actually means, nor do I understand the left column (#of cards that hit hand) as it relates to the 1-10 kill cards columns on the right.
Someone rescue me from near total confusion.
Just FYI in case you come back to post again...the thread you replied to is nine months old.