Specific SB vs BB in PT4 HUD?

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In PT4 how can I see the % of a player's SB vs my BB steal? Not their overall SB vs BB stat but specifically against my BB when the action is folded to their SB. If it's not possible to show this in the HUD then surely there would be a way to see this when I study my sessions?

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In PT4 how can I see the % of a player's SB vs my BB steal? Not their overall SB vs BB stat but specifically against my BB when the action is folded to their SB. If it's not possible to show this in the HUD then surely there would be a way to see this when I study my sessions?

I do not think that is possible. However, when you study you can look at the stats on your opponents and see how often they fold to a steal attempt. Normally in a cash game you need to win the steal% about 2 out of every three times to be profitable. On my HUD I keep track of how often a player folds from the blinds (target people that fold more than 60%) on an attempt to steal and how often a player attempts to steal (high percentage of steal attempt you combat with three betting light). Avoid trying to steal with a calling station in your blinds.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be done but it is a bit cumbersome. I had a similar question earlier that took me down this path and I came to the conclusion that getting stats on a particular Villain vs Hero isn't worth the effort. What is your goal real goal here? If you think V is playing you differently than they are playing everyone else it will probably take on the order of 10k hands to have enough hands in each position to compare. By that time, if we are worried about the V exploiting us by making an adjustment, V could have made several more adjustments. We will never be able to accurately find deviation from the mean. My suggestion would be to just use the larger data set and if you notice a deviation then try to adjust yourself. Here's an old quote with a link to PT4 showing a more complete reason these stats aren't included by default. There's also a PT4 help article on how to generate these stats if you really want to.

After reading about the vs Hero stats I will NOT be including them as I feel they will harm my decision making since there is no way for me to know for example things like position in past hands which could account for drastically different stats and lead me to make false conclusions. Even with 3k hands, how many of those were SB vs BB in one particular combination of Hero vs V? And how many of those times did Hero open for 2.5x? The samples just become so tiny so quickly they mean nothing unless we could somehow know the distribution of positional advantages and situations over the sample vs Hero.

Found this to be a very compelling case:
https://www.pokertracker.com/blog/2...on-does-this-player-alter-his-play-against-me