Something i really have to try and understand

TheRinser

TheRinser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the value of a flush draw??

Say your sitting with A _ suited and its a tiny raise. you flop 2 other cards in your suit...what bet should you folding to? Some people i understand cant let it go...but when should common sense prevail over pure closing your eyes and hoping for the best?

D

Duke0424

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn pot odds. theyll help you a lot in this situation, instead of hoping for one card youll be putting your faith in the law of averages... if you play it right youll profit no doubt over the long term

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With two cards to come, you will complete your flush draw approximately one time in three (assuming the hand goes to the river). Therefore, it is correct to call if the amount of the bet is less than one third of the amount you stand to win.

Further info and more detail here.

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like Duke said, pot odds can be important, but also consider implied odds, which means evaluate how much you think you will win if you make the flush. If you believe that the opponent will put a lot of money into the pot with an inferior hand, then you can call more with a draw than if you think they'll fold if the flush card hits the board.

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont forget the texture of the board and the hands you have your opponent on. Is an ace going to be good if it hits? if so you have 3 more outs. Is the board paired? if so, what are the chances your opponent is already sitting on a boat? there is a lot more to it than just whether or not you can get the flush draw at a good price. nothing is worse than making your hand on the turn and finding out you were dead on the flop when all the chips go in on the river.

T

Tuy DO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a flush draw, things I consider :

1/ With 2 cards to go: chance is about 35%, possibility against fullhouse, higher flush or higher single card flush if runner runner suited happens.
2/ With 1 card to go : chance is about 25%, possibility against fullhouse and higher flush.