Something Clicked in My Head

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I would play, and I would get so upset, I would say I am so unlucky, I am the most unlucky kid, I just can't win a hand.

And to be honest, I was getting unlucky.

Now, I was not a losing player, I have profited $1300 USD playing 1/2cent, and 2/5cent just this year, but this is how I would feel regularly playing the game.

But something just clicked in my head a few days ago, I looked at my stats, I looked at my moves and how they translate to GTO. I looked at how I could be exploited (nothing really there), and I looked to see if I could articulate why some stats deviate slightly from GTO (I could).

In my head, I just realized, if I keep playing solid, it doesn't matter if I win or lose a hand, because I will win. These other guys are terrible.

So I said I have 5 grand, I am going to just play 10/25cent (was playing 2/5cent), and I know that I will turn a profit 100/100x's against the players that are playing this stake/site, as long as I play long enough.

Anyways I run $200 under EV, which is really bad, but still profited $500 CAD over a 3 day period and 4k hands.

I play Omaha, so I went down a couple big swings, I am still way under EV, I lost 8 flips in a row, and you know what, I didn't care.

It was weird, a week ago, I would throw my keyboard out the window over losing 5 flips at 5$ each, now I lose 8flips for almost $300 CAD, and it didn't even phase me.

Anyways, maybe this story will help someone out.

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I would play, and I would get so upset, I would say I am so unlucky, I am the most unlucky kid, I just can't win a hand.

And to be honest, I was getting unlucky.

Now, I was not a losing player, I have profited $1300 USD playing 1/2cent, and 2/5cent just this year, but this is how I would feel regularly playing the game.

But something just clicked in my head a few days ago, I looked at my stats, I looked at my moves and how they translate to GTO. I looked at how I could be exploited (nothing really there), and I looked to see if I could articulate why some stats deviate slightly from GTO (I could).

In my head, I just realized, if I keep playing solid, it doesn't matter if I win or lose a hand, because I will win. These other guys are terrible.

So I said I have 5 grand, I am going to just play 10/25cent (was playing 2/5cent), and I know that I will turn a profit 100/100x's against the players that are playing this stake/site, as long as I play long enough.

Anyways I run $200 under EV, which is really bad, but still profited $500 CAD over a 3 day period and 4k hands.

I play Omaha, so I went down a couple big swings, I am still way under EV, I lost 8 flips in a row, and you know what, I didn't care.

It was weird, a week ago, I would throw my keyboard out the window over losing 5 flips at 5$ each, now I lose 8flips for almost $300 CAD, and it didn't even phase me.

Anyways, maybe this story will help someone out.
t was weird, a week ago, I would throw my keyboard out the window over losing 5 flips at 5$ each, now I lose 8flips for almost $300 CAD, and it didn't even phase me.

JUST LOL

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On line seems predictable.

Crush and rocket in value.. start and up 150% Then..... big stack shows up and cant loose to any holding.. miracle hits and 1 outers.... Hmmmmm