Somehow doubled my BR in a week, over 7k hands?

G

gamerwin123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently started playing poker again, last week I deposited 40$ worth of bitcoin into coinpoker (16/17 buy ins of 500 CHP (2.5NL) games). I don't know if I'm on some crazy heater or my studying has been working, but, with a rakeback like promotion, I have doubled my BR from 10k chips to well over 20k. (40->80$). I played almost exclusively 2.5NL cash for 2-3 hours a day, resulting in a little over 7k hands. Can anything meaningful be taken from this, or am I just on a heater? Pics of graphs below. They don't allow HUDs but they emailed me my hand history

Attachments

• afdsafsdf.jpg
    afdsafsdf.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 24
k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7k hands is a too small of a sample to derive any conclusions from. I have seen upswings and downswings lasting even through 100k hands, but maybe 100k is the number you need to hit to start evaluating your game :)

G

gamerwin123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
7k hands is a too small of a sample to derive any conclusions from. I have seen upswings and downswings lasting even through 100k hands, but maybe 100k is the number you need to hit to start evaluating your game :)

I will keep that in mind, thanks. To me 7k seems like a big number but I guess I am wrong. Insane I was playing 1k hands/day

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will keep that in mind, thanks. To me 7k seems like a big number but I guess I am wrong. Insane I was playing 1k hands/day

You will see people stating that maybe 1M hands is a proper sample :D It also depends on the variance in the game you are playing. Btw, most cash grinders would do 2k+ hands per day :) Good luck!

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7,000 hands is a very small number to analyze in general. But to draw conclusions about your game and learn, you need to analyze each session.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will see people stating that maybe 1M hands is a proper sample :D It also depends on the variance in the game you are playing. Btw, most cash grinders would do 2k+ hands per day :) Good luck!

That really depends. Let's put it that way 50-100k hands is stuff we should start analyzing. 500k+ is a sample we can start drawing conclusions about winrate etc from.

H/ h really depends on your gameselection and ability to multitable. I play 1k hands/ h with 4 tables of zoom on Stars. Pro grinders play up to 300k (or more) hands a month.

So your sample of 7k is something I would keep growing. 50k hands is when you can start and see if you a are a winning player or not and can start fixing your preflopgame with.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands