Some direction needed.

R

RoTs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have about $100 in an account for over a year now and can not for the life of me get it moving. According to bankroll management ring games are out of the picture for me being the lowest game is .05/.10 on this site.

So that leaves sng's. I have a problem here. After 1000 9 man sng's at the $1 level I have an Roi of 3%. At this rate hold em will be an extinct game before I reach any real progress. I have tried every strategy that I find with not much success. The best way I found was playing tight (card dependent), problem is I do not get enough hands to keep my stack at a reasonable count. So when I do have something everyone with mediocre holdings and chips calls. You know the story they flop or draw better than me. Fine that's poker.

Can anyone suggest anything or point me in the right direction to which game (hold em, omaha, stud,razz,etc), which style(stt's, mt sng's, mtt's, etc), and possibly a strategy for it? Or should I just be happy that at least I haven't gone broke and just enjoy playing the game instead?

Thanks in advance

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the brighter side, no one expects Holdem to go extinct any time soon.:D

If you started with $100 a year ago, and are still in that range, you are doing better than the majority of people, so don't despair.

Keeping good br management is great. Gets boring after a while tho.

I give you permission to try ONE and only ONE SnG at a level above your comfort zone.;)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you'll most likely be forced to play outside of BRM if you want to see any type of profit in the near future

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you'll most likely be forced to play outside of BRM if you want to see any type of profit in the near future

As an alternative, if you want to take a shot at ring games, look at getting a job, deposit another $100 there, and try doing the 5c/10c games, following BRM.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 1000 9 man sng's at the $1 level I have an Roi of 3%.

the $1 SnG's on Full Tilt have a madly insane 25% rake, which makes the game ridiculously hard to beat (bordering on impossible for most players). $100 should be enough to play the $2 games if you're able to actually beat the $1 games.

FWIW -

1000 SnG's at $1.25 is $1250 total invested.
1000 SnG's at $1.10 is $1100 total invested.
You should have a total winnings of about $1290.
For a $40 Profit at $1.25 and $190 profit at the $1.10
You'd actually like a ~17% ROI with a normal rake.

edit : I rushed the math here a little, anyone feel free to correct me if its wrong