SlowPlay

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I have been playing in nl 10 pokerstars for a long time and I have noticed that many play AA, KK, AK style cards, etc. with the SlowPlay strategy that is, they clear the blind or do not make a bet and only play the call until they attack, but What do you say consider it profitable to play like this? In my opinion, playing this style makes lower hands see the flop and form much stronger hands, which would render your monster hand useless. but hey is the style of each one of you, what do you think?

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the last part of your text. It is foolish not to raise with such hands. Because anyone can see the flop with a simple limp and have a chance of 2 pair, flush, straight, etc.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people, I have been playing in nl 10 pokerstars for a long time and I have noticed that many play AA, KK, AK style cards, etc. with the SlowPlay strategy that is, they clear the blind or do not make a bet and only play the call until they attack, but What do you say consider it profitable to play like this? In my opinion, playing this style makes lower hands see the flop and form much stronger hands, which would render your monster hand useless. but hey is the style of each one of you, what do you think?

This is a useful style of play against a player who likes to bluff a lot. Thanks to this, you can replace it with a trap. I intend to think for a long time until the allotted time is completed. Then I equalize on the River and go on the attack. I think this is a very profitable strategy.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it can be profitable if done correctly. With any pair you shouldn't be slow playing but if make a flush or full house on the flop or turn its often worth letting the v bet into you so that you get the most money in the pot. Sometimes if you do this v will think you are holding a worse hand than the nuts and will give up a lot more than he otherwise would if you were betting big against him

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both styles are good enough. I use both of them. I can check with AK and I can raise. All of them are profitable if played carefully.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Always with those hands you raise, then if the opponent calls it is something else ... you also have to be careful with capable recreationals who come with nothing and put you out of nowhere, it has happened to me often.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it butt its part of the game

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this play has merit if the table overfolds to 3bets. In practice that means they are calling your 3bet much less than 40 to 45 percent of the time, all this assuming you 3 bet at a normal frequency to begin with. That doesn't mean stop 3betting AA, just call with it sone small percent of the time.

I always 3 bet AA but I also 3 bet bluff hands like low suited aces and mid low connectors, because of this you could afford not to slowplay your AA. But when it comes to 5 bets sometimes I'll just call a 4 bet depending on width of villains 4bet range.

Last edited:
T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost way ,more hands slow playing. Gives others to play hands , that they shouldn't be playing. I raise pre flop ,over the years I have been playing, better win blinds, or you will lose most of the time slow playing. That's my opinion.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
According to my experience, slow-playing monster hands leads to disaster most of the time, so stealing the blinds by raising or winning whatever is in the pot postflop is always more profitable than losing most of your stack if not all of it on the river.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fully agree with you limpit such hands in the cache it can be very sad end.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like slow play, I have the feeling that I only get along with that play.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried both ways playing monster hands, an go all in every one folds b/c I dont play alot unless I have a good hand an they figure that out, so I let them go all in, then attack the point is to build your bank roll, isnt it, It depends on the other players you know how they play to. This is where I get cussed out, an blamed lol an there screaming rigged

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

SlowPlay with those hands is ok sometimes (we don't have to play always "by the book"), it all depends on how the table is going, but the bottom line is to get as many opponents out of the hand as possible, to avoid some increase their hand on the turn or river, by raising and re-raising pre-flop. :deal:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
often so hide the strength of their hand - this is not a slow play, and the range is wider

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The optimal way to play is based on what you think the perception of the other players at the table is.