Sit an Go Strategy or Luck?

JCW78

JCW78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen a lot of different products one can buy concerning sit and go strategy. There have been loads of people who buy these programs. I'm not saying anything of the products themselves but about the people who buy them. After using these programs they all play the same. They wait for their big pairs and and big A's. How can strategy come into play when everyone sits and waits until the point where the blinds are so high you are pretty much forced to go all in? How can this be real strategy? If it's about pushing all in why wait til the end?
And I'm not talking about the micro SNG's either.

Anyone have any thoughts. Is this sit and wait strategy really worth it or is it ok to gamble early since everyone else is sitting tight?

Last edited:
G

GreenDrill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play suited connectors with some luck, even smaller pairs 88 - JJ. If you follow the "Premium Hand" method you will blind out of the game unless you are getting more than your fair share of good cards.

I try to triple up with a good hand before the bb gets to 100, then I can really slow down and play good. Good Luck

D

dirtdigger72

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PROGRAMS???

I didnt know that there was a program to be purchased, but I do see a bunch of people playing super tight. Typically if they call a bet or raise past the flop they have at least top pair. Play with patience and you dont need a program. Good luck, just my thoughts

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy comes to play in being able to dominate your opponents as many times as possible. Luck is a major factor in SNGs, but since all the players get about the same cards in the long run you need the strategy to make it into the money and win as many times as possible.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should read Collin Moshman's SNG book (Sit 'N Go Strategy, Two Plus Two Publishing). All of this is explained in detail.

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOH2 will also go into detail about this.