Simple Yes/No

A

amir_z

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a simple yes or no question that I would really appreciate if you can answer.

Let's say we have a robot that can do simple poker odd calculations. It takes into account its own cards, number of players in the hand, and position. Nothing else! Also, this robot would only play 10 hands on each table, then it woud get up an go to another table (so other players can never get a read on it). Based on the fact that this robot is only playing based on simple odd calculations (betting/raising when ahead, calling if getting pot/implied odds, and folding otherwise), is that enough to be a consistent profit maker? I understand there is many more points to consider in NL, but in limit hold'em, is that enough?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why are you asking? are you trying to make a bot?

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No / You'll get banned pretty quickly.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what you define as "simple odd calculations". Doing this would be way tougher than you think. Would your bot think that it had flush outs if it had 4 to a suit but the board was all 3 of the same card (so a pocket pair or someone who pairs either of the next 2 cards not to mention someone with quads beats them)? Would it count straight outs if a flush was on the board? It obviously couldn't take into account betting patterns and get a read on the strength of another hand. So my answer to the (not so) "simple Yes/No" is: probably at the low limits and definitely not with decent opponents. Also you'd get caught and banned and have your funds confiscated, so don't do it.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say yes at low-limits. (Was that too long of an answer? Am I making it worse by asking if the answer was too long? Damn, I'm sorry.)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've consulted Rattata, and he told me to shine his shoes :(

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No.

Assuming a 9 player table, playing 10 hands means you're paying 2 BB's and one SB.

For a robot player, I'd think that playing one round on 100 different tables is probably better than playing 100 rounds at the same table, as people won't learn its betting patterns.

And yes, I think it will be turn a profit in micro limit games where people ignore the odds.

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not, but worse a shot just for the hell of it.

52poutanes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in limit poker i think a good bot could be profitable:cool: