Simple and conceptual omaha / hi doubt

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have KJT9 without position, but I am the aggressor, the flop is AJA (rainbows / without back door)Should I continue to hit a flop like that? What size? (and Whyy??/)

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think, on this flop, you're checking the flop to give up or betting once to give up when called or raised. In that sense, it would be player dependent. If there's a player who is very sticky, I'll just check/fold this. Against many, I will take a half-pot or slightly larger shot. It's hard for a player without an Ace to have anything here.

Being out of position sucks, though. We could be floated a lot. Depending on the stake, there are players who will call the flop just to see if you give up on the turn. I'm not going to fire the turn, even against these players, just because so many people love Axxx hands (especially suited) and it's hard to fold out trips with many of the micro players that I play against. The turn follow-through bet burns more money against those hands than it makes from the floaters.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is that a check shows the fragility of my hand, and a bet, followed by a call, puts me in trouble on the turn ... but thanks for the answer!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I would not continue with this hand here unless you have an Ace or a wrap chances are your opponent has an Ace if they called your raise would be checking and folding here all day long.
Keep close to the nuts in this game goodluck.

523265_287603954646987_1648735321_n.jpg

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha looks really interesting. I'm a decent Reg at NLHE but I would be a HUGE fish at Omaha. Would be cool to start learning it.

S