Showing your cards

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to show my hand.

It helped me a lot in one tournament. I was bored so I played some rags against a "Bully". Well we went at it 2500 b4 the flop, 2500 after the flop, 3000 on the turn. Well the river came and from how he had played I knew he missed his hand. I bet 10k after the river. I was wrong he had pocket kings but with an Ace and flush draw on the board he folded and flipped his cards. So I was nice and flipped him my rags. He was P.O.ed to say the least. Calling me names and such.

Well next hand I got dealt pocket Aces. I raised just like last hand. And only one guy called me. Guess who it was. Well I bet exactly like last hand even the 10k bet on the river. Well the board hit me with a full house. He went all in. I called.

He was playing pocket 10s so he had 2 pair. Sad when someone loses out but feels better when they lose and act like Asses.

So me showing the rags got him on tilt and doubled up my stack

woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember on noble i got dealt 5Q diamonds.
Flop came 55QQ5
When everyone folded from my small raise (damit) i showed

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misinformation can be as useful to you as information is to your opponent. As long as you calculate what information you will be putting forth, and make sure you aren't giving away anything inadvertantly. As I stated in my pervious post, in all my hands of poker, I have shown a big bluff only a handfull of times and these were against players already tilting or that I knew I could tilt by doing so.

Michele- to say that we (or most people here) can't bluff like a pro, therefore they shouldn't do it, isn't a really accurate way to summize the situation. If you, or me, or anyone here is playing a game with professionals, then being able to play and bluff at their level would be required. However, when we play, we are playing against people of similar or lower skill level as ourselves. Why would we have to bluff like a pro to make it a +EV play? I bluff people off of pots in the live games I play all the time. At least a couple times a session, usually more, I will bluff or semi-bluff at a pot. Saying not to bluff because your skill level isn't that of a professional, is like saying don't play poker until you're as good as Howard Lederer. How would people ever get the accurate amount of real experience in either without doing it?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Telling people that they shouldn't bluff because they aren't as "good" as a pro is simply bad advice. Stand by it all you want, its bad advice.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MicheleW said:
I doubt anyone here is as good at bluffing as these guys and should probably not try to attempt bluffing until they can actually play the game well.
Once again Diablo, you are not comprehending what is written before you. Please re-read what I stated above. It says - they should not attempt bluffing "until they can acutally play the game well" - not become a PRO. I never said they had to play like PROS. That's all I said - newbies to the game should learn to play the game well first, then attempt bluffing.

That's my opinion (and the opinion of many pros to beginners) and I'm hoping we all don't have to believe the same way to post on this forum.

I stand by my post. :) and readers can use the info or not. There is no one right answer.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a part of playing the game well.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay Diablo - you got the last word. :) right or wrong, you got the last word. Happy?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you not see the irony of your last post Michele?

G

George

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I not a very good player,I never show,keep em guessing thats what I say

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Diablo has it right. How are you going to learn how to play a bluff unless you do it? You need to learn from the beginning to play it. Whether it works or not you learn , and especially if it doesn't you remember what went wrong.