Showing Winning Hands

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed lately that it seems a larger number of people are showing their hands.

As for me , I never show a hand no matter what. My theory is that if someone wants to see it that they must pay to do so.

I think that more of the better players do not show hands and that more of the lesser skilled players show hands. Has anyone else thought about it from this point of view?

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t show unless they pay to see them I don’t give any information if I don’t have to

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t see the benefit to showing your hand at all, the less information they have about you the better. I suppose (like everything in poker) it depends on the situation and the players, and what you’re trying to accomplish, though.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed lately that it seems a larger number of people are showing their hands.

As for me , I never show a hand no matter what. My theory is that if someone wants to see it that they must pay to do so.

I think that more of the better players do not show hands and that more of the lesser skilled players show hands. Has anyone else thought about it from this point of view?

I agree that almost always the best policy is to not show hands.

Keep em guessing and filling their mind with doubt so that they may get frustrated.

The one time I think is worth showing is if you bull off a bluff after the opponent made a big hero fold. That can really break someone's spirits. But those times don't come up very often since usually the hands you win with bluffs are just small and medium sized pots.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally keep automuck on whenever I play... unless I'm up against some loudmouth who keeps talking sh!t and I make a nice bluff against them... then I *might* show it just to piss them off.

In live games with friends we tend to show cards a little more generously, especially the bluffs :)

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show why to give extra information to opponents

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never shown my winning hands, anyone who wants to see a bluff or a winning hand should pay.:)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can show the cards only in case of a small number of players at the table, if necessary, to lull the vigilance of opponents. Show when bluffing and then don't bluff.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
maintaining composure

i think it is unwise to show the winning hand, and here's why one the information collected by others will be used against you on how you played that hand, everyone has a pattern and sometimes we tend to go on auto pilot mode, and that's when it costs us the most, showing bluffs is more advantageous, always let them pay to see the winning hand

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This feature on ACR , it delays action , waiting to see if the player will decide to show his cards , it;s frustrating , I have disabled this option on ACR , on PS no . But I use it rarely on PS , I do not ant to give free info to opponents

S

sharshal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No Show

I never show but will under 2 exceptions: I miraculously catch a Royal or SF, just to show it off. But I do like it when they show theirs and often. Helps me get a much better read on them, as well as curbing any curiosity. Many who like to are probably newer to the online poker circuit. I remember did often enough too when I was pretty new to the poker scene.

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never show my hands. My principle is "If you want to see, pay."

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never show my hands if they haven't paid for them. But sometimes I see people who, even though they don't show what they had on their hand, are constantly saying what kind of hands they had. and if they then missed a hand, like a set or something else, they say it too. sometimes I wonder why they do this. I mean after they fold.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I never show my hand if the opponent has not paid to see it, so in a bluff if I show my hand what do we do? they will understand that I use the bluff as a strategy

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show maybe 1 out of 100 hands if it's a sick bluff i made or a monster fold, showing a bluff sometimes gets the player to tilt and that will work in my favor, other than that i just don't show anything, but its nice when other players show me their hands so i get information on it!

it goes both ways

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I show a lot! There is a reason I do this and it’s up to you to figure out why!

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show AA in the BB without action and some bluffs maybe. But I agree, unskilled player show the cards when they had a "hand". They need the world to see how lucky they are today.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlike you, I rarely encounter anything like this. I don’t find it wrong to show winning hands, but neither is it typical of me.
I never show a bluff, If I have an unbeatable hand or poker or royal flush, I used to show it.
I agree, refers to a weak player showing too many hands
"someone wants to see it that they must pay to do so" I like this :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only show when I have to when they call. Other than maybe showing a royal it needs to be paid to be seen.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I to , never show the wining hand or the bluff :)

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Showing winning hands

There are so many variables but I will sometimes show a winning hand in order to show other players that I might play a wider range of cards.

As an example…Someone makes a small raise with few players calling and me in position…I’ve got a good stack so I call with my 5 7 off suit. Flop comes K 5 7…if the other player didn’t hit anything then we might only get another round of betting…if the player eventually folds to any of my bets…I might show him I’ll play 5-7 off so he doesn’t think I had the king. I find this helpful later when there is another raise and the board misses with garbage…the thought that I might be playing that strengthens my bluff.

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds of 2 Royal Flushes in One PLO Tournament?

odds of 2 Royal Flushes in One PLO Tournament?
Happened this morning on ACR $1250gtd PLO PKO.
NO cash, 3x bullets = -22.40$ SOOO SICK!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There has been an increase on ACR/BCP since they highlighted this option, I was quite surprised at the number of people on CC who started doing this, damn silly online. I assume it will gradually stop

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes turn on the fish and show my cards :) If I learn to whom, from what position, which cards to show, it can be very useful. There is also an option when you have friendly relations and you have ended up at the same poker table, then you can also sometimes show cards.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

"I have noticed lately that it seems a larger number of people are showing their hands."

I don´t see a reason for, but one seems logic if you want to tilt your opponents. But depending of the day I don´t like to do it.

"As for me , I never show a hand no matter what. My theory is that if someone wants to see it that they must pay to do so."

Me either, to see my cards you must pay!

"I think that more of the better players do not show hands and that more of the lesser skilled players show hands. Has anyone else thought about it from this point of view?"

As I mentioned before, aiming to tilt the villain is part of a strategy, such as "block/donkey" bets, I don´t like to limit a certain movement to the player´s skills, I like to analyze how the player is playing to reach this conclusion.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands